UCSD Medical Center New Grad Program January 2012Register Today!
- by goldenstate Nov 16, '11Just wanted to start a thread for UCSD's New Program. Feel free to post any updates or news
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=642241©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 17,717 Views
- Nov 16, '11 by MsNewGradRNHi everyone! I also applied to UCSD's New Grad program! What positions did you apply to? I applied for NICU and L&D! Does anyone know their timeframes for emails/call-backs!?
Good luck to everyone
- Nov 16, '11 by AMemory266last time i applied...i never got any emails/call backs because what i was told the positions went to internals first. so i'm hoping it's not he same way this time around...
- Nov 16, '11 by MsNewGradRNQuote from AMemory266Hmm...that's interesting!! What do you mean by internals!? Peope who already worked there or did!? Or externs!? Just curious because I use to work there as an LVN before I got my RN out in Arizona and I'm hoping to get back into the UCSD system with my preferential rehire status, not even sure that will help but, hey it's a shot I guess!!last time i applied...i never got any emails/call backs because what i was told the positions went to internals first. so i'm hoping it's not he same way this time around...
- Nov 17, '11 by goldenstateI applied to all of these new grad postings - IMU, PCU, NICU, L&D, and Family Care Center. I don't have experience in women's health, but thought it wouldn't hurt to apply. All of my statuses are application received, except for Family Care Center, which said others were more competitive.
@MsNewGradRN - Internals are those who currently work in the medical center whether it be a CNA, ward clerk, etc.
Hopefully, we hear back from them soon!
- Nov 17, '11 by goldenstateAlso, does anyone know how the hiring/interview process goes here?
- Nov 17, '11 by new_grad_RNI applied to all but NICU. All of mine say application received. I am not sure how long it will take for them to look over all those apps. There's probably over a thousand overall.
- Nov 18, '11 by septemberRNI'm trying to remember whether it was UCSD or UC Davis that asked for out GPA during the application process...anyone remember?
- Nov 22, '11 by jpinalHello,
Thank you Goldenstate for making a new thread! I applied to LnD, NICU, and Fam. Mat.. On Nov. 18th my status for LnD changed to 'referred to hiring department', but the other two still say 'application received'. Because I moved forward in LnD I was unsure if I should still call to check on my status (as I said I would call on 11/22 on my cover letter) but I called 4 different HR #'s and all went to an answering machine. I did not leave a message because I'm sure they have received tons of calls from new grads. If anyone gets any information regarding the call/interview time frames it would be much appreciated if you'd share
- Nov 22, '11 by foxtrotunicornsHi everyone, I applied to the PCU and IMU. I got an email yesterday and have an interview scheduled for the PCU next week. My status hasn't changed for IMU. Good luck all