UCSD May 2012 New Graduate RN positions - Page 6Register Today!
- Aug 9, '12 by RNinCDid anyone apply for the recent job postings (new grad SICU and new grad Burn unit)?
- Aug 10, '12 by NurseMandoCommandoQuote from RNinCI applied for the SICU positionDid anyone apply for the recent job postings (new grad SICU and new grad Burn unit)?
- Aug 16, '12 by aac001My application also says it was transferred to HR! Good luck!
- Aug 16, '12 by aac001No, I didn't. I don't have any burn care experience. Did you?
- Aug 16, '12 by RNinCQuote from aac001So did you apply for surgical ICU then? I thought about applying to both, but my heart is really in burn nursing so I wanted to focus my attention and cover letter on that.No, I didn't. I don't have any burn care experience. Did you?
I did my senior externship/role transition on a pediatric burn unit. I absolutely fell in love with it.
I'm just a little nervous because I had to move out of the country for a while (for my husbands job) so I'm kind of an "old" new grad. I hope that doesn't count against me too much. I did start an online rn-bsn program to keep up with nursing though.Last edit by RNinC on Aug 16, '12 : Reason: clarification
- Aug 19, '12 by hhprinceQuote from RNinCMine didn't say anything like that. Good luck. Can you update me when you hear from them again? Thanks. Job hunting for new RN's suck!My application says referred to hiring department! Is that common? Does that mean I made it past the huge stacks of HR applications?
- Aug 20, '12 by RNinCI emailed the nurse recruiter and he said that it's all in the hands of the hiring managers now. That decisions for interviews should be within the next 2 weeks. And that there is one position available on the burn unit and well over 800 applicants. Yikes.
I only asked about the position I applied for, so I'm not sure how many surgical positions are available or how many applicants there were. Though a small part of me wonders if he meant that there were 800 applicants for both job postings.
Also, HHPrince, it didn't say that right away when I applied, but my application status changed to that a few days later. Check your status and see if it's changed!