SFSU/Cañada/Sequoia 2011 admitted students - Page 3Register Today!
- May 9, '11 by NorCalRN2011Quote from CharmantUnMost of the books for your first 2 semesters:Sorry I've been MIA...for some reason I stopped getting email alerts for this posting.
Candice: The SFSU/Sequoia counselor emailed me specifics on titers/TB tests, etc. I'll forward it on to you.
NorCal: Would you mind telling us the titles/authors of your books from the first year? I realize they might change for our cohort...but I already have a few texts and I'm hoping they will coincide. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to "talk" to us!!!!
-Pharmacology for Nursing Care by Richard Lehne, 7th edition
-Physical Examination and Health Assessment by Jarvis, 5th edition
-Nursing Care Plans by Gulanick/Myers, 6th edition
-Nursing Interventions and Clinical Skills by Elkin/Perry/Potter, 4th edition
-Pathophysiology by Copstead Banasik, 4th edition
-Medical-Surgical Nursing, Ignatavicius, 6th edition
-Gerontological Nursing, Mauk, 2nd edition
HAVE FUN!!! lol
- May 9, '11 by CharmantUnLOL, I already have two of them. And I love Lehne's book! It was light years ahead of the Pharm book I had for an online class.
- May 9, '11 by NorCalRN2011oh and Professional Nursing:Concepts and Challenges by Chitty, 5th edition
- May 11, '11 by nursingstudent_88thank you so much for answering my questions
- May 18, '11 by nursingstudent_88hey candicen83,
I know i have already asked you about the med dosage calculation at college of san mateo before.I was wondering if I need to be in their ADN program to take it?or anybody interested can take the class?from what i saw on the website,they said that the class is for ADN students. Btw,I go to SFSU.im just thinking this class would help me improve my math skills..
- May 18, '11 by CharmantUnRe: NURS 610 - Basic Med Dosage Calculations at College of San Mateo
Good question! Last year I was able to sign up and take the class, despite not being a CSM nursing student. The instructor was more than happy to have students from other programs in her class. The summer time nursing classes are meant for preparation and have been open to anyone. I don't see a reason for this to change, despite budget difficulties.
That said, CSM has finally computerized their pre-reqs. It doesn't hurt to try to register for the class. If it won't let you, I would email the instructor or just show up on the first day and bring $6-7 cash for a copy of the syllabus.
- May 19, '11 by NorCalRN2011Yeah that is true. I took the Med Dosage class at CSM..half of the students weren't in CSM's ADN program. Sign up for it ASAP because it fills quickly and if it is full, just show up anyways and try to add like CharmantUn said. Good luck.
- May 21, '11 by nursingstudent_88thanks charmantun and norcalRn2011
- Jul 29, '11 by jayb32Hey guys,
I am in the current SFSU/sequoia program, and would be happy to try and answer any questions you all may have. I love this website There are many differences between this program and the main campus program, but it has been a great experience for the most part. My biggest advice at this point is DON'T BUY THE BOOK BUNDLE!!!! Buy online, or from our cohort unless you are really set on having computer copy and hard copy. As far as the med dosage test, don't stress yourselves out, it's not that bad and there is a book we all have plus several study opportunities.
Any questions, feel free to post!!! Congratulations on your acceptance and good luck!
- Jul 29, '11 by CharmantUnThanks, Jessica! I bought all my textbooks (new) through Amazon a few weeks ago, but was starting to worry that I would be missing out on some sort of online components. You've reassured me on not buying the bundle.
Where did you buy your supplies (pen light, etc.)?
Have all your clinicals been at Sequoia?