SDSU Fall 2012 admission hopefuls - Page 21Register Today!
- Apr 26, '12 by TwobucktinFrom what I understand, if you aren't transfer-eligible then you will be denied admission from the University. That would also make you ineligible for admission into the SON. The main reason why people are not transfer-eligible is that they did not complete the major preparation for the university itself. On the supplemental application, the major preparation courses were a section with a list of courses that we had to check off. There was a total of 11 classes that we had to complete in order to be eligible.
- Apr 26, '12 by SpiffynessI just looked back at my supplemental application, and for the major preparation courses there are actually 10. General Bio isn't a pre-req for nursing and it was on that list. I left it unchecked because I had not taken it. Someone earlier had asked about it and said that the SON doesn't know why it's there, and to not check it. But I figured I was not the only one who didnt check that off so that probably isn't the reason. Also, I have every other preparation class done by the end of Spring 2012, so I don't think I'm illegible.
- Apr 26, '12 by icecrmlovrLooks like I might be in the same boat. I haven't heard back yet but I'm almost sure I' ll get denied too. How depressing. Ugh. All this waiting...for nothing. I guess I got thrown off because when you go to the nursing website and you go to the admission criteria it only says you need those science classes and like 3 others but doesn't say anything about bio, stats, and developmental psychology on the criteria like is does on the major preparation page on the supplemental app. So you really have to look carefully i guess. I have bio and stats I just didn't realize I don't have developmental psychology. So you do have to have all those classes complete( in major preparation) in order to be accepted into the school as well as the nursing program? This sucks! Well good luck to the rest of you.
- Apr 26, '12 by naniinasciWow!!! I just received my letter of admission to SDSU SON! Yayyyy!!!!
I need to accept or deny the offer by Sunday 04/29! Anyone else received the email???
- Apr 26, '12 by Spiffynessif you read on page three of this thread you'll see that Bio isn't required. But grats!! I'm expecting bad news for myself
- Apr 26, '12 by seashelleyesI got in as well! Very happy!
Spiffyness, did you get an email? I'm so disappointed if you didn't
- Apr 26, '12 by capogirlYAAYYYY!!!!! I'M IN!! Doing cartwheels.. Finally this exhausting anticipation is over. I was getting so nervous after getting waitlisted to SFSU.. but so happy and looking forward to SDSU. Can't wait to hear more good news from my future classmates!
- Apr 26, '12 by naniinasciMy status on Web portal haven't changed though. I'm still pending for the university admission.
- Apr 26, '12 by hpflnrsingstdntJust got my acceptance letter! Congratulations to everyone who got it and good luck to those who haven't heard back yet!
I'm so excited to meet you all! AHHHHHHHHHH! This is insane I'm on cloud 9.
- Apr 26, '12 by MyshiI just got mine too! Congrats everyone! See you guys on the orientation!