Scripps New Grad Nurse Residency 2013 - Page 51Register Today!
- Jan 15 by spanglecQuote from blueorchid981I precepted in a pediatric oncology unit at CHOC (both preceptorship and leadership) and then also in a surgical unit at Orange Coast Memorial.Thanks for the information! I am from out of state so I'm not sure if that will hurt my chances. I'm going to graduate in May, so I will apply for the next round. What unit did you precept on (I'm trying to decide where to precept)? & What unit will you be working on?
- Jan 15 by MyNameRNAccording to the on boarding system, I think we get an email that confirms our background check is cleared and our Employment Specialist will call us to make an appointment.
- Jan 16 by christine19Hey everyone, did anyone else receive an Employee Referral Program e-mail from Scripps? It makes me sound like I'm already an employee when I haven't heard anything recently about my alternate status. Just wondering cause it's confusing me.
- Jan 16 by spanglecQuote from christine19Yep got that early this morning also!Hey everyone, did anyone else receive an Employee Referral Program e-mail from Scripps? It makes me sound like I'm already an employee when I haven't heard anything recently about my alternate status. Just wondering cause it's confusing me.
- Jan 16 by B217Yes I got that early this morning as well. Makes me feel better knowing no one else has heard anything about the background checks. Please let the rest of us know when you do. SHARS where are you?? We're gonna be working together! I cant wait to meet you! =)
- Jan 17 by AschoonHello,
I start in Feb as well- down in Chula Vista- I have not heard anything about the completion of the background check- and I did receive the referral email. I'm so excited and look forward to meeting all of my fellow co-workers at orientation. =-)
- Jan 17 by pepperedI was an alternate and bugged all my references -- I had 6 fill out their online form. And just now got an email from ------------ saying that they can't take on any more graduates for this program -- or at least not me. I was hoping they would keep me in their system since they had us do a reference check. Oh we'll, I had good news where I did an externship this week and got a verbal job offer where I live. I am sad I won't be with Scripps, but glad I have something after all the hard work. Good luck to everyone and have a great time in your programLast edit by dianah on Jan 18 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- Jan 17 by pepperedThis is the email I got: Thank you for your continued interest in joining the spring 2013 Scripps new grad RN residency program. We had hoped to be able to bring some of our alternates on before the start of the program in February. However, due to some structural changes on our end, we are unfortunately not able to accept any additional new grads into our spring 2013 program. We sincerely appreciate your continued interest and hope that you will re-apply for our fall 2013 program. We truly appreciate your interest in working for Scripps!
- Jan 18 by christine19Quote from pepperedIt is definitely unfortunate. Can I ask where you got hired at peppered?I was an alternate and bugged all my references -- I had 6 fill out their online form. And just now got an email from ----------- saying that they can't take on any more graduates for this program -- or at least not me. Thank god I was offered a position this week at 50 bucks an hour where I just finished an internship. I am a little bitter obviously, but I put a lot of work into this process and have an internship under my belt in Telemetry as well -- 288 hours. Oh we'll I will be on pm shift full time so I am glad that came through for me since alternate status did notLast edit by dianah on Jan 18