San Joaquin Delta College Fall 2013 - page 10
by dlr13 22,249 Views | 222 Comments
I don't think there is a thread started yet. Who's applying?... Read More
- 0Mar 18, '13 by ShyeoftheTigerQuote from Ashleyjensen916Ha ha 18 days should be a breeze (or at least that's what I'm telling myself!), since we've basically been waiting since eary February!Still waiting! only 18 days left guys.
I wasnt able to apply to ARC because or SCC because im not completely done with COM ST 1a ...in progress, whereas delta has it as a corequisite they both have it as a prerequisite. oh well.
I just checked ARC's website and it says that speech is a corequisite (but a prereq for SCC), if you still want to apply to ARC... http://www.arc.losrios.edu/Documents...ral%20Info.pdf
Best of luck!
- 1Mar 19, '13 by soupdz28I wasn't able to apply for Merced junior college as child development was a prereq i guess . I'm dying over here I want to know! lol at least if I don;t make it this year next spring I will have my BS in Kinesiology in the spring and hopefully a higher TEAS score for more points!
- 0Mar 19, '13 by Ashley_studentRNI want to know too. If i dont make it this round, (im guessing it will be because of my micro class) i will try to improve TEAS (though only room for improvement by 4%) and probably have to retake micro & apply again in a year.
@shye, its crazy that at ARC the non-science prereqs are totally different. they count psychology (got a C 10 years ago) and will only take Eng 1 A (got a c 10 years ago) where delta will take eng 1D (i took both, got an A in Eng 1D and used that for my eng at delta) so eng=C psych=c nutrition=b and with the 3 of those you have to have at least 2.5 gpa and i dont! its crazy because those are the only 2 C's on my college transcripts and they happen to be grouped together in that one category and i dont even meet minimum requirements to apply because of that!
I wonder what rules apply to retaking psych and/or eng 1A, do you know if that would be allowed?I dont even know if i would want to do that, just an option if i dont make it into delta.
good luck everyone! this wait is becoming too much. some moments im confident, others im like oh god im not gonna make it. only time will tell!
- 0Mar 19, '13 by ShyeoftheTiger@Ashley: That sucks! I know SCC and ARC do let you retake classes, but you have to have retaken them outside the school district. I know what you mean... We have soooooo much time to overthink our scores and whether they're good enough...
If I don't get into a program this semester, I will definitely be retaking micro in the fall... It's my only B in the science prerequisites. I took it 8 years ago and some schools have a recency requirement...
@Soupdeezy: A BS will help you out on your applications for sure! You could even do an accelerated BSN program and have two bachelor's in almost the same amount of time as an ADN!
- 2Mar 25, '13 by RN-n-ProgressLess than 2 weeks longest month ever!
I picked up a Tabers Medical Dictionary with CD at Half Price Books for less than 20 bucks. I also lucked out on a new Davis Drug Guide 13 ed. I know I shouldn't be counting my chickens and all that but it saved me about 45 dollars on both. Not sure if everyone has one near them but for the non bundle books it's a really great deal. I can't wait for everyone to get their acceptance emails.