Saddleback Nursing School, Spring 2013 - page 7
Hi all! I am a pre-nursing student getting ready to put in my applications for Spring 2013. I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me a general idea of what Saddleback College's Nursing... Read More
0Dec 17, '12 by dazzlechunkThanks again ctgangel for responding to my worrying posts. Lol. How was the orientation?
@ applered, last time I called the nursing dept which was prob 2 weeks ago, they had two more alternates left on the list. I probably won't call again until next month because I called them about 3 times since June. Lol. Anyone else have an update on the alternates after the orientation?
0Dec 18, '12 by ctgangelhey, i bought the skills lab book too. does anyone understand the difference between buying the package of books from the bookstore and buying them individually online? I found pretty much all of them online minus the one i won for a total of 275 versus 630!!! if anyone knows the difference please let me know!
0Dec 18, '12 by appleredQuote from catheringThe homework/reading assignments from the orientation is only for Lecture I think. (That's what it says on the top of the page.) On the yellow paper Orientation Agenda, #2C it says to complete skills lab workbook before going to lab, including the first day of lab. So I was wondering what the topics are for the first and second week of lab.Hi. I got the skills lab book, but from the trading and hw assignments we got from the orientation, I do not see any assignments from the skills lab book. So... I don't think there is an assignment from the lab manual.
0Dec 18, '12 by appleredQuote from ctgangelWhere did you find the books online?hey, i bought the skills lab book too. does anyone understand the difference between buying the package of books from the bookstore and buying them individually online? I found pretty much all of them online minus the one i won for a total of 275 versus 630!!! if anyone knows the difference please let me know!
The ELSEVIER package includes ALL print AND e-Books download (two computers and two tablets/smartphones) AND online access to full versions of all the books, online access to EVOLVE, PLUS19 additional reference e-books under "Mosby's Nursing Consult Student Edition". From another nursing school's website, the Nursing Consult Student Edition includes the following:
20 Nursing reference Titles:
• Stuart: Handbook of Psychiatric Nursing, 6th ed
• Huszar: Basic Dysrhthmias: Interpretation & Management, 3rd ed
• Bryant: Acute and Chronic Wounds, 3rd ed
• Buttaro: Primary Care, 3rd ed
• D’Avanzo: Pocket Guide to Cultural Health Assessment, 4th
• Tucker: Patient Care Standards: Collaborative Planning & Nursing Interventions, 7th ed
• Meiner: Gerongologic Nursing, 3rd ed
• Bulechek: Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 5th ed
• DiCenso: Evidence‐Based Nursing: A Guide to Clinical Practice
• Betz: Mosby’s Pediatric Nursing Reference, 6th ed
• Gilbert: Manual of High Risk Pregnancy and Delivery, 4th ed
• Redman: The Practice of Patient Eduation, 10th ed
• George‐Gay: Clinical Medical‐Surgical Nursing: A Decision‐Making Reference
• Heitz & Home: Pocket Guide to Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid‐Base Balance, 5th
• Moorhead: Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC), 4th ed
• Pizzorno: The Clinician’s Handbook of Natural Medicine, 2nd ed
• Swearingen: Manual of Medical‐Surgical Nursing Care, 6th ed
• Thompson: Mosby’s Clinical Nursing, 5th ed
• Ulrich: Nursing Care Planning Guides, 6th ed
• Otto: Oncology Nursing Clinical ReferenceLast edit by applered on Dec 18, '12
0Dec 22, '12 by ctgangelYea! I'm wondering the same thing for the lab book. Maybe the first chapter or so? Anyone have any suggestions on how to study everything? It's all a little daunting. I decided to buy the package hopefully I get a scholarship to help out.Here's my email if anyone has info: firstname.lastname@example.org
0ctgangel, that's good news that they let in the last two alternates during orientation. Was it because 2 people didn't show up or possibly dropped out of the program? Were there more than 2 people who didn't show up? Just curious, because that would mean that the nursing dept would let more people in probably after winter break to replace them.