Saddleback Nursing School, Spring 2013 - page 2
Hi all! I am a pre-nursing student getting ready to put in my applications for Spring 2013. I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me a general idea of what Saddleback College's Nursing program is like? I really would... Read More
- 0Jul 7, '12 by luvsbubblewrapThey told me that you will receive a letter by the end of September. (That seems so far away!!)
This is a silly question, but since I haven't attended Saddleback before, I'm curious how their nursing program semesters go; if you get admitted and start the program in January, do we go straight through the summer, then fall, so it's 3 semesters knocked out in 1 year? Or do people get the summer off that are in the nursing program? I'm just curious- if I actually DO get in, then I can plan for being able to work during the summer break or not. :S If anybody knows and can give a heads up, that'd be awesome!
- 0Jul 15, '12 by gottazoomHello everyone. I've also applied for the Spring 2013 class, and I've heard about application numbers coming in at somewhere north of 600 in past semesters, so I dropped into the Division Office last week to see if they had a final count. I was told that 157 students applied for this class. This is good news for everyone because it means nearly 1:2 applicants should be accepted this time as opposed to 1:10. Good luck to all who have applied!
- 0Jul 17, '12 by dazzlechunkDoes anyone happen to know if the short summer classes count towards this Spring 2013 application period? The grades for Lifecycle 2 came out last week so I would think that they would be considered since the class is completed and letters don't come out until late September. I had 64pts before this summer class, but now I should have 67. Since applications are less, I pray that I have a chance. Thanks for your input.
- 0Jul 23, '12 by MusicEMTQuote from dazzlechunkthey dont count, you have to have completed them before turning in the applicationDoes anyone happen to know if the short summer classes count towards this Spring 2013 application period? The grades for Lifecycle 2 came out last week so I would think that they would be considered since the class is completed and letters don't come out until late September. I had 64pts before this summer class, but now I should have 67. Since applications are less, I pray that I have a chance. Thanks for your input.
you still have an awesome shot though
- 0Aug 21, '12 by catheringHey guys,
I also applied to Spring 2013 and am waiting for the results late September! Time is going by so slowly!!
So I don't know if this will be helpful, maybe for someone in the future.
I talked to the nursing counselor before applying and he said that about 80 pts is the maximum. He said if you are above 70 points, you are likely to get in. He said if youre in the high sixties, you have a fairly good chance. Finally, if youre in the lower sixties, you have a chance, but that is borderline of getting in or not.
Hope it helped. CROSS FINGERS we all get in >.<
***ps. DOes anyone know, or know of someone who graduated from ADN program? How easy/difficult was it for a RN with ADN instead of BSN to get a job? That is my concern, since its so difficult getting into a BSN program.
Rumor? has it that almost all CSUs are not accepting ANYMORE transfers.. in all majors.. ahhhhLast edit by cathering on Aug 21, '12 : Reason: question