RN's Salary in Northern CARegister Today!
- by sunrayrn Jan 5What is the Average BSN, RN's Salary in Northern CA? (North of Sacramento)
I have a BSN + 2years of Telemetry experience getting paid about $28.00/hr as an RN @ a 246 bed hospital
I AM INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT WEATHER THIS IS A COMPANY ISSUE OR IF A NURSES SALARY IS LOWER IN CA.
I overheard another nurse talking about how she has been with the company that we're with and she mentioned that in the 5 years she's been w/ this company she is barley making 30.00/hr.
I am just shocked by this, as I have never been paid less than 30.00/hr not even as a new grad.
- 3,156 Views
- Jan 5 by MandaRN94That is low! We hire at our clinics starting at over $30 for new grads.
- @ MandaRN94
Yeah I thought the same... Are you also located in Northern CA?
I do not know who to approach? I'm thinking I should go to my manager and then HR, but I've been told by friends to approach HR, first. What do you think?
I really like my job but if my wage isn't increased i'm considering of applying elsewhere..
- Jan 5 by MandaRN94Yes, my affiliate is Nor Cal. Is your hospital union? If not you can negotiate, if it is union it may be the pay scale for RNs. Good luck!
- They are not union... I am unsure of what the average salary is in CA... I was making $32.00-$36.00/hr at my last job, and i've been hearing that nurses have been there for 15+ years are barley making 32.00/hr and this is in the ER makes me feel like I shouldn't even bother, but at the same time I'm bothered and do not know who to go to or how to approach the subject.
Can I come work at your clinic? LOL
- Jan 5 by batmikAre you talking about Bay Area Northern California or Northern California Central Valley or farther like Chico or redding. Wide difference in pay. I'd say high $20's/hr up to over $50/hr in Bay Area..
- Quote from batmikI'm Refering to farther north like Chico/Redding...Are you talking about Bay Area Northern California or Northern California Central Valley or farther like Chico or redding. Wide difference in pay. I'd say high $20's/hr up to over $50/hr in Bay Area..
What do you think?