Pasadena City College Textbooks Question
- 0Dec 30, '13 by jofapcastilloHi all!<br><br>I'm going to start ADN program at PCC this Spring 2014. I have a question: do I need to buy all of the books&nbsp; (package, 12 books) for N50 class? it costs way too much if I'm going to buy it at the school bookstore, but will save me some bucks if I buy it online like amazon or chegg. I'm very determined to pass RN program and NCLEX, but at the same time I'm on a tight budget. I'll be quitting my job to focus in school. I found the Pharmacology books on amazon and chegg and they are way cheaper compare to PCC bookstore's price. But the thing is the N50 book lists is a lot! and it costs around almost 1000. <br><br>Please advise! Need your advise so bad!<br><br>Thanks!
- 0Jan 11 by christinaaaamarieHello, I'm starting the PCC program this Spring as well. I just got accepted yesterday and was informed we start Monday! Crazy. I was unable to attend any orientations and the office is closed so I have so many questions but I am not able to talk to anyone about anything. Do you think you could tell me what books we need for the first semester? Please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 0Jan 11 by jofapcastilloQuote from christinaaaamarieHi there!Hello, I'm starting the PCC program this Spring as well. I just got accepted yesterday and was informed we start Monday! Crazy. I was unable to attend any orientations and the office is closed so I have so many questions but I am not able to talk to anyone about anything. Do you think you could tell me what books we need for the first semester? Please email me: email@example.com
Congratulations! As for the books, Check the online bookstore website. Then click on HS-Nursing.
I will buy the books tomorrow. But only the Pearson package. You can purchase the pharmacology books online like amazon or chegg, way cheaper. FYI, you have to pay ATI that cost 200 bucks. Then ATI will send you more books. You need to purchase uniforms, patches, name pin on dove apparel. Have you done any of your health and background check? A lot of stuff to do!
Im excited for us! Let me know if you need to know more info regarding the program and stuff.
- 0Thank you so much for your reply! Im so lost because I got accepted Friday night but I haven't been able to register for my classes, get my shots or take the Basic Care class yet. Im going onto campus early to talk to someone and hopefully clear everything up! Have you received your uniform yet? I ordered it the night I found out but it won't be here for awhile :/ Do we have to wear it on the first day?
- 0I did my background check and I purchased my insurance! I just wish they told me at least a week in advance.. but I will make it work I don't think I can look up the books because I am not registered in the classes yet. I just want to order them ASAP! Do you think you could tell me which ones we need?
- 1Jan 12 by jofapcastilloQuote from christinaaaamarieGlad you found the book we need. This is my first semester at PCC so Im still a little lost as well.I found out what books we need! I'm a transfer student so I wasn't sure how to use PCC bookstore website- thank you!
The Background check takes about a week. Dont forget to purchase your NSO insurance. The uniform I believe we will get it 2 weeks before our clinicals. Nope, you dont wear scrubs on the first day, just come in your casual clothes.
Like I said purchase the Pharmacology books online, way cheaper. But you have to buy the syllabus for Pharmacology 137 at the bookstore. Also dont forget the ATI that cost 200 bucks. Did u ask how is the process for the Alternate ones?
- 0Books are soo expensive! I just feel lost because they invited me into the RN Program AFTER orientation... so I don't know that much about whats going on. :/ I ordered my uniform on friday.. I hope it gets here on time.
How much was the syllabus? And the only book we can buy online is the Pharmacology book and study guide right? All the other ones require codes or are specifically from PCC!
Oh yeah! I need the ATI book.. where do I get that?
Sadly they didn't let me know I got accepted until Friday night and so I haven't been able to talk to ANYONE since the office is closed on the weekends... thats why I'm so stressed! I'm going in early Monday..
- 0Jan 12 by jofapcastilloQuote from christinaaaamarieCheck your email. I just emailed you my phone number so you can text me and stuffSeriously you have been the only person I have been able to talk to about this process! THANK YOU!
Oh youre welcome! Hope to meet you tomorrow! I think I have Pharmacology 137 tomorrow.