Ohlone vs De Anza's ProgramRegister Today!
- by Amy_Jane May 4, '12Hi All,
Ive read this forum for a while now but am posting for the first time.
I have been fortunate enough to be selected for Ohlone College's Spring 2013 semester (starting Jan 23). My spot on De Anza's waitlist will possibly be up this Fall or Winter 2013.
I know both are good programs but am struggling in choosing which program to attend.
DAC has been around for what.. 50+ years? I know its quite different now from when my aunt attended. It's also closer to me but I hear the drop-out rate is high and the instructors are actually "cruel".
The only thing I know about Ohlone is that it has a higher NCLEX pass rate. Does anyone else know more "quirks" if you will, about their program?
Which would you choose in my situation?
Thanks a million!
- May 6, '12 by 1waitingpatientlyWhere do you live? I think both are good schools. I like Ohlone's Newark Campus. If I hadn't gotten into CSUEB or SJSU, I would have gone to Ohlone because its a really great program with a good reputation.
- May 6, '12 by Amy_JaneI currently live in Santa Clara, so DAC is more convenient but ultimately I want to attend the better program. I already have a BA in another field, so it was next to impossible to get into another CSU for a double Bac; Ohlone or DAC will have to do!
- May 6, '12 by caliotter3All things being equal, I would attend the school that offered me the earliest start date.
- May 7, '12 by Amy_JaneYes, that would make sense. I just think both of my start dates will be in January, within a week of each other.