MemorialCare Laguna Hills New Grad RN Program
- 0Dec 15, '12 by emmymaeeRNHi everyone, thought I'd get the thread started for the Laguna Hills New Grad RN program. I'm from out of state and just moved to CA, I don't have any connections to the hospital unfortunately, so I don't have any useful informational tidbits to share. I just put my application in today. Good luck to everyone who's applied!
- 4,761 Views
- 0Dec 18, '12 by MusicEMTI work at Saddleback Memorial LH although im not an RN.. (im starting nursing school in April)
I have to say its a great hospital system that is constantly expanding. Most of the nurses ive talked to there love their jobs and everything is digitized so everything is a bit faster
Its a Medium Sized hospital about 350 beds, Most of the population is geriatric due to the surrounding retirement communities (there are a ton around here)
it depends from season to season on how many they hire.. but they do seem to hire new grads every season and ranges from 10-30+ people, depends on what their need is.
Unfortunately i don't have information on what their RN new grad process is like.
- 0Dec 19, '12 by MusicEMTVolunteers at saddleback memorial do have more connections and get kudo's points but don't have a special application to apply like internal applicants do
I also volunteer at the ER at saddleback too as well as work there
but expharma is right that they dont give priority while hiring clincal rotating students (although you might meet people and will help your chances)
- 0Dec 19, '12 by kenderella89Quote from ExPharmaGirlWell Sutter Health owns my school and we don't get priority for jobs :/ I thought my high priced tuition would count for something.Usually you only get priority at a hospital if you work or volunteer there already. You may get some points for doing clinicals there. If they have their OWN school like UC Irvine does, then they get priority.
- 0Dec 19, '12 by LeeshieI applied a couple days ago. I work at a Memorial Care hospital as a PCT, so hoping I get put at the top of the pile. Anyone know who is running it? The only thing I know is that it starts Jan 29th. I called the new grad hotline which is just a message and it says they begin the hiring process 6-8 weeks in advance... I think that just means thats when they post the position up, because that sounds like 6-8 weeks before the end of January.