Lakewood Regional Medical Center New Grad Residency ProgramRegister Today!
- by jnnkrstngmz Dec 8, '10Hello,
Has anyone been contacted by the nurse recruiter at Lakewood Regional Medical Center? I got an email asking if I took the NCLEX yet. I'm hoping that's a good sign, meaning they are potentially looking at my application. I don't see a lot of information in their website about employee benefits. Is anyone familiar with their New Grad Residency?
- Dec 9, '10 by nurse2033Go with the state, it would help narrow down the possibilities.
- Dec 24, '10 by passionloveHi!
When did you receive the email?
- Dec 24, '10 by jnnkrstngmzI received an email from the recruiter 11/19 soon after submitting my application, then another one in 12/9 asking for my BLS card. I also got the general email they sent to everybody from Career Taleo 12/9. Did you get any email from the nurse recruiter or Career Taleo???
- Jan 5, '11 by volunteerpioneerQuote from roxygirll123The nurse recruiter said she'll start calling applicants either this week or next week for interviews. She was extremely vague so just be prepare for a phone call this and next week.
Thanks roxygirl for the update! I remember reading in their post that they want to start interviewing "mid January", but wasn't sure when they were gonna call, or if they already had.
A 3 year commitment is by far the "heftiest" amongst the new grad contracts, but I've heard Lakewood is a great hospital
- Jan 6, '11 by passionloveI called human resoources today and I found out that they've already contacted applicants for interviews. About 350 applied, 20 got called for interviews and there are only 5 positions!That's intense.
- Jan 6, '11 by MsmmcoolWow that whomps! If i'm not mistaken, i thought the job posting said they are starting a residency program and are looking into hiring 20+ new grads? No? Maybe they decided to hire internal applicants. It's a shame that this hospital isn't going to see the drive and passion that us new grads have to offer =/
- Jan 6, '11 by volunteerpioneerI read through the posting to double check, and there wasn't a mention of how many they would take. I didn't get a call, so I guess I will cross Lakewood of my list.
- Jan 6, '11 by jnnkrstngmzI emailed the nurse recruiter that contacted me twice via email and she informed me that I didn't make it in the selection process. I really thought they would call me after all the conversations I had with them. I was hopeful but not disappointed because I got hired at White Memorial Versant Residency program last month. With 5 applications I did last October-November, I only got a call from ONE hospital!!! (4 others didn't call me) Crazy odds! So to all those that are still waiting to get hired, don't give up and keep on applying to as many hospitals as you can. The right one will be given to you. Goodluck to everyone!