LAC+USC interview new grad RN - page 41
by girl84 163,261 Views | 712 Comments
Hey guys, I have a question. I had an interview with LAC+USC and received a letter that I passed the oral exam. I read in the letter that they are going to contact me if positions open up. I am a new grad RN. Have you been in my... Read More
- 0Jun 7, '12 by RNBSN22Wow!! Congratulations CoCStudentNurse! That's such wonderful news. Although I have not had the 2nd interview yet, I would think that because it is a new grad position that there won't be too many technical questions. However, I don't think it would hurt to review some basic medication administration rules, chain of command if dealt a difficult situation, etc. I always try to remember and bring up words like team work and communication. Nursing is patient health/safety focused but it is also about how you work as a staff member with your team and how well you communicate with them as well as the patients and physicians. When is your interview? I'm sure you're going to do great! Good luck!!
- 0Jun 21, '12 by CoCStudentNurseThanks RNBSN22! I still have not heard any news. The longer the wait is, the more I wonder if I wasn't selected. By tomorrow is when they said a decision should be made so I am going to follow up in the AM if I haven't heard anything. Congratulations on getting on the list. They do have some positions for ER open at Olive View for experienced nurses as of yesterday. So far there haven't been many new grad positions.
- 0Jul 10, '12 by myitasJust wanted to give an update.....I was offered & accepted a position today at LAC+USC !!! It's for MedSurg & I interviewed wl them about a month ago. It's been a long process. I originally applied in November last year, had the entrance exam in Jan, got the eligibility letter in May, & then the LAC interview in June. Will go sign paperwork later this week. I know it will be awhile b4 I actually get a start date but I don't mind. Good luck to the rest of you. For all the new grads...don't give up, it took me over a year to land this position😉
- 0Jul 10, '12 by CoCStudentNurseQuote from myitasCongratulations!! :-) I too interviewed for a Med/Surg position a month ago but have yet to hear from them. It's been over a year since I graduated too.Just wanted to give an update.....I was offered & accepted a position today at LAC+USC !!! It's for MedSurg & I interviewed wl them about a month ago. It's been a long process. I originally applied in November last year, had the entrance exam in Jan, got the eligibility letter in May, & then the LAC interview in June. Will go sign paperwork later this week. I know it will be awhile b4 I actually get a start date but I don't mind. Good luck to the rest of you. For all the new grads...don't give up, it took me over a year to land this position
- 0Jul 10, '12 by CoCStudentNurseQuote from myitasI haven't called Olive View this week yet. I have called every week since May (when I got my letter) and they keep telling me that they are not considering new grads at this time. It's frustrating because I always feel the interviews go well and then no offers.@CoCStudentNurse, Thank you. I hope you get some good news from them! Did you call Olive view? I was going to interview wl them this Thurs for ER (they are also interviewing for Psych & LD).
- 1Jul 12, '12 by CoCStudentNurseI'm in shock right now. I was offered and accepted an RN I Med/Surg position this morning! I have been hired on temporary status (?) which to my understanding the only difference is that temporary RN I's do not get benefits. I'm still slightly confused by that whole thing. I also know that it will be a while until I start, but I've waited over a year for this job opportunity and I can wait some more. I go in to start the paperwork tomorrow. This still seems so unreal, but I'm excited.
- 0Jul 12, '12 by myitas@CoCStudentNurse..CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I know how you feel You won't sleep tonight from the excitement. We are going to work together becz that's the same position I got!! PM me so we can talk. Today I went to sign paperwork & did the live scan fingerprint. Only a matter of time now.