LAC+USC interview new grad RN - page 3
by girl84 157,621 Views | 712 Comments
Hey guys, I have a question. I had an interview with LAC+USC and received a letter that I passed the oral exam. I read in the letter that they are going to contact me if positions open up. I am a new grad RN. Have you been in my... Read More
- 0Hi all I just saw this thread and wanted to share my story with the county, I did my service exam at Harbor-UCLA on July 13 and received the official notice I passed on the 19th. Then about a month later LAC-USC called me to interview for med/surg on the 22nd of this month and today I got the offer!!! the long part of the background check and fingerprinting is starting tomorrow when I go fill out the paperwork so I do not have a start date yet but I am so excited to be working at LAC-USC soon!!
Good luck to everyone else who interviewed and will be interviewing!!!
- 0Quote from Nurse_JaydeeThank you I am soo excited!! Yes they called me for an interview which surprised me actually, I thought I would need to do more of the initial contacting. Most likely working noc but they did not know which unit specifically yet those will be determined when my background clearsWow! Congrats! You got your letter so fast! So they called you for the Med/Surg interview? Will you be working days or nocs? Congrats again!!
- 0Quote from Nurse_JaydeeGood luck to you as well! I'm sure you'll be getting it soon and hopefully one day we will be working at the NICU together, its one of the units I dream of being on tooWow! So happy for you! Still waiting for my letter. Good luck and please keep us updated!
- 1Quote from Nurse_JaydeeMy first interview (service exam) was extremely short, we really just discussed my work history, a little about the areas I am interested in and then she gave me information on pay and the recruiters at all the facilities so I could contact them once I received my results.Ya that would be great if we both got to work in NICU together! Btw, was the second interview similar to the first one? Let's keep in touch!
The second interview was the situational questions and behavioral questions that are typical of nursing interviews, or at least the one's I've been on as a new grad. It lasted maybe 30 minutes it wasn't too many questions or anything overwhelming. I think having a couple nursing interviews under my belt by the time I did this one really helped me understand more of what they were looking for in nurses.
definitely lets keep in touch! especially if we are the same hospital, big as it is!
- 1Aug 31, '11 by RN ShannzzzI also got a call last week re a med surg position. However I already got hired in a Versant Residency program, so I did not reply to the med/surg position at County. I wanted to ask Kristy W, are they hiring full or part time? I think I'm going to call and ask if they hire any per diem since the Residency will be full time.