Kern Medical Center New Grad positions 2012Register Today!
- by starghadeer Aug 6, '12Hey all,
Just spoke with HR dept and was told that they'd be contacting people to schedule interviews by the end of next week. This is for the applicants who applied in July for Staff Nurse I positions in various units.
- 3,384 Views
- Aug 20, '12 by starghadeerCould someone also tell me what it's like to work at Kern Medical Center? I've tried to look through the allnurses forums but most of them are quite outdated. I just wanted to hear about some honest opinions about what the culture is like there and whether they felt like they received good training as a new grad nurse or maybe a new nurse to a floor/unit. Thanks!
- Aug 20, '12 by sacramentorn7Does anyone know how many people Kern is interviewing and when we should hear back from them after our interview?
- Aug 20, '12 by TheCommuterI had a phone interview with them a while ago, and apparently, they indicated that they have several hundred other people to interview. In addition, budget cuts sometimes prevent them from hiring people even though they've conducted hundreds of panel interviews.
- Aug 21, '12 by starghadeerI'm interviewing with them this week. Did they let you know when they'd get back to you? I also heard something similar... Kern would be interviewing 300-500 people. My friend who got hired a couple months ago said that about 300 people interviewed for about 6 positions.
- Aug 21, '12 by Nurse01dayPre-nursing student and was wondering as a new grad is it hard to find a job at a hospital in the kern county area? Because they tell us there is such a shortage here...
- Aug 21, '12 by starghadeerIt is definitely difficult to find a job as a new grad. If they are talking about shortages, it is probably in reference to the shortage of skilled nurses. Many new grads would consider themselves lucky to land a new grad job in Kern County.
- Aug 22, '12 by starghadeerInterviewed with Kern Medical Center this week. They are interviewing hundreds of applicants this week and throughout the next few weeks.
- Aug 23, '12 by stephanie000How did it go? I was curious about the type of questions that they asked since all the managers from your desired units will be present. I know that I want ICU, but if I show more interest for that unit won't that jeopardize my chances in the other departments?