Kaiser New Grad 2012 - Page 15Register Today!
- Jul 7, '12 by tuolomneRNHi! To those of you who have accepted a job offer from KP in San Diego, what positions were you offered?
- Quote from tuolomneRNI asked what the positions were and a nurse manager said that all new grads do a year of Med/Surg.Hi! To those of you who have accepted a job offer from KP in San Diego, what positions were you offered?
- Jul 7, '12 by tuolomneRNI thought so, too, but after I got the call, I was sent an application for Oncology (nights). So I was wondering if other new hires were in Onc, too, or in different units. In any case, looking forward to starting and meeting other new hire new grads.
- I've talked to a couple other New Grads for our group and we've all gotten the same email...I think it's just a generic email so that we get the link they want us to use.
- Jul 7, '12 by sandiegoaaronHey guys - I'm in the New Grad program, too! Very excited! Glad to meet you ... my soon to be fellow RN employees. I talked with -------------- and she said the Onc email was indeed just a generic application for all of us to fill out, so that they have our past 10 years employment, etc. In other words, no, that app is NOT for an Onc position. She didn't say anything about us all being in med/surge, but then again she didn't NOT say anything about med/surge, either. Med/surge would make sense though, of course. Do you guys have any idea about costs we might be facing ... for uniforms, books, supplies, whatever? Also, not trying to jump the gun, but any idea when and how often we'll be paid? Beginning 2 weeks after Sept 10th? Just trying to figure out finances on my current tight budget. Hope all are well. Thanks.Last edit by dianah on Jul 7, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names/identifiers
- Hey Kaiser SD New Grads...I started a FB page for us to join. I have seen other hospitals/cohorts do it and thought it would be a good idea. Just search for: Kaiser SD Fall 2012 New Grads
It's an easier way to sort of meet each other before we physically meet each other!
- Jul 7, '12 by Esme12BooBear......THANK YOU for posting you Facebook page in accordance with the Terms of Service.
- Jul 11, '12 by BooBear0306Totally wishing that I had kept detailed records of all the little random jobs I've had here in CA!!
- Jul 31, '12 by LnMaRI'm not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but I was offered to start with new grad at Kaiser LAMC and have started the background/drug screen process and I was wondering, for those who have started and finished, how long did it take to complete? Our orientation starts sept 10 also, and the program starts Oct 1st for us. Is yours the same date? Will those starting in SD also be doing their new grad training in the regional office, Pasadena? It might be too far for you though huh? But, I was just curious...