How is the Hiring Process with VA Hospitals?Register Today!
- by Mayet_RN Mar 7, '12Does anybody know how the hiring process with VA hospitals especially with RNs? How long does it take for you to get an offer, back ground check, physical, and start of date? Thanks.
- Mar 7, '12 by CaliBoy760I am an LVN, although I work in a very specialized unit. I originally applied in mid-November 2009 and I actually started work on March, 8th, 2010. The process is long and tedious but I found the nurse recruiter to be extremely helpful in guiding me through the process.
- Mar 8, '12 by Mayet_RNThanks! I've been reading around and it says it might take 3-4 months to actually start. I just got an email stating to do a physical, background, vetpro thing. I haven't gotten an official offer on pay. Do they tell you once you completed everything?
- Mar 8, '12 by CaliBoy760Again, I'm in a very specialized area of nursing, so my salary was agreed upon before I even started with the VetPro and background stuff.
- Mar 8, '12 by Mayet_RNThanks for all your responses.