CSUSB Fall 2012 Hopefuls - page 8
by DarkBluePhoenix 32,676 Views | 299 Comments
Hey everyone! Well we made it mighty far and now we are done with pre reqs and on to applying! I am applying to the 2012 cohort and would like to invite everyone else that is applying to post here for any questions, concerns or... Read More
- 0Feb 3, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixQuote from ST1004Nope, not yet, if they dont by the deadline, then i will get either a denial early or a disqualification early!Good luck Dark! Has CSULB contacted you yet about your GE course thing?
now that i know the CSU's have a habit of taking the first grade, i hope, pray, that CSUSB doesnt follow suit or else I am really screwed!
- 0Feb 3, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixQuote from hellowelcomeoi! you are far!!! why didnt you apply to SJSU or whatever CSU's are up there?Me toooooo! CSUSB is far from home for me (I'm from San Jose), but I'm willing to move! Is this your first time applying to nursing schools?
ALso what ADN programs did you apply to?
I dont know, I really want my BSN but since the CSUs are being EXTREMELY PICKY (and with all the applicants they get, they are allowed to be picky) I have a loss of hope.
It just irks me that second bachelors degree people get second chances as to us undergrads get nothing. I redid a class to get a better grade and now only the ADNs recognize it and take the better grade ALWAYS. I dont why the CSUs have to be so negative and take the worse grade because it was done "first" when the second class taken satisfied the catorgory.
good i applied to some reputable ADN programs though
- 1Feb 3, '12 by hellowelcomeI applied to all lottery ADN programs haha. I can't apply to most CSU's because my overall gpa doesn't qualify. Also, the whole retake policy is another issue. When I went to the information meeting at CSUSB the person said that they will accept the better grade as long as it's from a different institute. I really hope that's the case because I retook two classes to boost my prerequisite gpa! I noticed on the website it states they no longer accept retake of classes with a C or better, but when I emailed and asked again they said it is accepted! I dont know.. I wish all schools allowed repeats! It feels like my grades are set in stone. =/
- 0Feb 4, '12 by karanb1rYO YO YO
I turned in my online app. today.
I am going to get all things ready to be turned in by next friday hopefully.
and by things I mean. I need 2 letters of rec., Bilingual proficiency letter- can be written by a parent or teacher (called today), and I will probably go to an advisement session on feb. 24
Anywho, here are my stats,
overall - 3.92
prereq- 3.896 or 3.91 - their chem 205 and 208 equals one chem class at my school so they told me to write it once. If I only count it once its 3.896 if twice 3.91
TEAS - 91.3 %
I might add in my volunteer hours
I do have a couple questions,
do you think i really need a letter of rec pertaining to my grades? I think its obvious I worked my butt off
I was thinking about only adding one about my character.
and are there any checks we have to sign to them? do they want our moola right now?
- 0Feb 4, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixHello: I remember the info session saying they take the better grade. I wonder if that counts for critical thinking course issue. It's two different classes. One is a C and the other is an A. I hope they take the A. Karan: you stats are great, I wouldn't worry, if your number one school is CSULA then I wouldn't even worry about CSUSB and giving them letters of rec or whatever. You will get in regardless, you practically have almost a 4.0Good luck!
- 0Feb 5, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixAll of the non academic stuff is optional for CSUSB. It's just to get extra points. It if its the bottom of the barrel school for you then don't worry. I'm glad this one Is my last BSN program chance. I am hoping that with the location, and the timing of sending acceptance/denials help my chances to get in. They announce their acceptances like July so everyone that was good enough to get in there is likely accepted a spot somewhere else. It's perfect location for me. The distance is a little far, 40 miles, but its opposite for traffic. I take the 210 east to get there. Clincials being early in morning, everyone heads toward Pasadena/LA that earlyLast edit by DarkBluePhoenix on Feb 5, '12