Hey guys. was just wondering if any of you can clear out some of the questions i have regarding the nursing program for the spring 2012 at CSULB.
science gpa 3.23
i am a student at CSULB and i currently have a 9.1 out of the 10 nursing point to get into the program. i have been reading quite a few threads from this site and cant help but notice how most of you have a 9.3-9.6 point scale and im getting pretty nervous now. Knowing that CSULB only takes 90 students per semester, are my chances of getting into the program high? i know that my science gpa is not that impressive but taking those classes at csulb (despite what other people say) are more challenging.
so my questions include..
1. Do they look at our POINTS collectively or our scores in separate categories (science gpa, teas, foundations, etc) as basis for admission?
2. Are they taking transfers for Spring 2012?
3. Do they tell you if you are an alternate during the interview?
4. Since i am officially on educational leave for Fall, i was thinking if i volunteered at a hospital, would that somehow be like an incentive (or more like an extra credit) for boosting up my chances?
Quote from CluelessNursingGuy
Hey! I'm a CSULB student as well.
1. They look at your score out of 10, not individually. When picking their incoming nursing class, they literally just put all the scores of their applicants on a spreadsheet and the top 90 students per semester get in.
2. No one is sure if they are taking in transfers, but if they do CSULB students might get priority over transfers like they did for Fall 2011.
3. They make the alternate list after they have a list of the students accepted so I don't think that will be determined until all the interviews are finished.
4. Volunteering won't help your application and chances of getting accepted, but it would help you get clinical exposure and possible help you make connections.
I have a few questions for you now if you don't mind.
You did amazing on the TEAS. Any tips? Also do you have any tips for doing well in A&P and micro at CSULB?
sorry it took a while but yes i can give you tips.
the reason why i did well on my TEAS is because i took it four times. Yes, we can take it as many times as we would like. As long as the version number is the same (version 5) all the questions are recycled. here are my stats for my previous scores:
1st teas: 80%
i advise you to take advantage of the unlimited tries since not all schools do this.
i took both classes summer 2011 and ended up getting an A in physio and a B in anatomy.
--Anatomy: i had ----- as my lecture professor and the only tip i can give you is TAKE NOTES. dont bother reading the book cus it just confuses you more. Three of my friends got an A in the class and told me that recording the lecture helped TONS
--Physiology: take -------- and i guarantee that if you try your hardest you WILL get an A. He curves generously to our advantage. Again, the book was not helpful at all. Buy his course outline and whatever you see on the course outline will be on the test. NO EXTRAS and questions pulled out of nowhere none of that. Use his powerpoint slides as a supplement since it contains videos. WATCH THEM! helped me a lot!
--Microbiology: ---- is the hardest science professor i have ever had! take it somewhere else (community college) if possible. Questions are very confusing. I literally read the book 3 times, memorized every slides from his powerpoint and still 4% shy from an A. DO WELL ON YOUR LAB because it will pull your grades up.
Thanks for answering my questions btw. goodluck!
Last edit by dianah on Sep 13, '11
: Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names