CSULB Fall 2012 BSN - Page 104Register Today!
- Ahh you guys are making me really nervous.. I really hope I get a confirmation email tomorrow so I can apply..
- Did you just need to mail them your transcript showing you took anatomy and physiology?
- May 1, '12 by TheJonathanTI scanned my transcript with the anatomy and physio and i also filled out the prerequisite challenge form A and scanned that too and sent it to them as an email
- Ahhh ok thanks for the info... I am really anxious right now!
- May 2, '12 by BeachsideNicI took Pharm online at SBCC and it was mind-numbingly easy. I got an A in it and finished the class about a month early. You can move at your own pace and get it all done in a weekend if you want. I ended up auditing Pharm at CSULB this semester, because I just wanted to learn more about the drugs that I would be using in the hospital. The professor is very supportive of letting you audit, so you can learn the material more in depth without the stress of cryptic exams.
FINANCIAL AID STUDENTS: If you are counting on Stafford loans to pay for your education, I would seriously consider which program (BASIC or TRIMESTER) you want to choose. It is likely that your Stafford loans will max out before you get to the summer trimester, and you can be left with nothing to pay for that semester. Summer semester is also more expensive than Fall and Spring, so I encourage you to get all the financial information NOW before you go to orientation and choose your program.
In addition, if you are a second degree BSN student, you will be classified as a Graduate Student and will pay Graduate level fees and are processed through the graduate division. However, you will not be eligible for any graduate loans (including the Graduate PLUS loan) or any graduate grants or fellowships. Make your financial plan early and look forward to the entire program. Hope this helps!
- May 2, '12 by CluelessNursingGuyI understand why you audited the class. For me though, it kind of defeats the purpose of taking the class early if I have to technically take it again.
I'll definitely look into it though. SBCC's classes are almost filled up though. Congrats to those who got a spot!
- May 2, '12 by Dr. ChocoI have registered backgoud check today. I think the instruction from school is old. You will never get email from Magnus.
- May 2, '12 by SpiffynessI have just sent like 3-4 emails to "you know who" to evaluate syllabi for nutrition courses that I found. She is probably annoyed of me now, lol! I requested syllabus from the professors that teach the nutrition courses and they kept emailing me back 5-10 minutes after each other, so I sent them to "you know who" as I got them because the sooner we find out, the better. I will post if I find any more courses equivalent to Nutrition 339. I am having trouble finding another Pharm course. I checked most of the colleges on the equivalency list on the website, but no luck.
Has anyone looked into CPR classes yet?
- May 2, '12 by LavenderButterflyI got an email from her today apologizing for the message possibly being a duplicate because she said their email system was acting weird today. The email she sent me had the title, nursing students looking for roommates. I never got the first email and the "duplicate" didn't contain anything.
Hopefully she got your emails. Maybe you'll have to call tomorrow to be sure.
- May 2, '12 by SpiffynessYeah I got that email too. She replied to one of my emails earlier today, so I am sure that she is getting them. Since I sent more like 3-4 more syllabi past 5 pm, the office is probably closed so she will check tomorrow.
Also, I found another pharmacology course but it is IN CLASS (not online) at EAST LOS ANGELES COLLEGE.
The course is NURSING 275A and NURSING 275B.
Here's the most recent schedule : http://www.elac.edu/schedules/courselisting/cisPDF/Summer.pdf
It looks very open to me, and I just applied to the college yesterday and got my registration date today (Friday at 8 AM)
Everyone who is even the slightest interested should apply now to get a registration date. The class runs from July 7 to August 10th. (Since it is part A and B)
If I don't get into the online course at SBCC, I will most likely take this class. It's only on Mondays and Tuesday either starting at 8 am or 2 pm and it is 3 hours long.
I hope this helped you guys who are interested!
For those wondering, It is approved by CSULB: http://www.csulb.edu/colleges/chhs/departments/nursing/docs/ApprovedPharmacologyandPathophysiologyCourses.pdf