CSU Los Angeles School of Nursing (CSULA Fall 2012)Register Today!
- by gaspu8myc00kie Oct 25, '11Hello,
I thought I'd make this thread for the new application group... even though it's a bit late since we have to all apply soon!
Anyway! I want to apply for the Fall 2012 term but I had some questions. I am an current CSULA student that transferred to CSULA in Fall 2010. I'm a Psychology major but am applying for Fall 2012 Nursing. I haven't taken my TEAS yet, but I'll be taking that on Friday (!!), so I'm very nervous about that.
That said, this is my first question:
I've been getting mixed info from different people. When I visited the Academic Advising Office last Spring (2011), the adviser told me that as long as I did not graduate from CSULA BEFORE I graduated, I could apply to the SON as a BSN applicant. I called SON to see if I could even apply for the ELM program and they told me that as far as they knew, I could not because I did not have my Bachelor's Degree yet.
So right now, I have approximately 2 quarters left in order to finish my Psychology major, approximately 6~8 classes. Ideally, I could finish by Spring 2012, but depending on my other workloads, I could push it back to Fall 2012. The problem is that I'm not allowed to graduate if I want to go into the basic program so I can't apply for graduation just yet. But IF I don't get into the BSN program, then I have to wait another two quarters after May or June or whenever they send out acceptances in order to officially graduate.
So I went to go and talk to my adviser about graduation and if I should even bother applying for Spring 2012 graduation and she tells me that no, I'm not allowed to apply for a BSN but I can go for the ELM program.
Does anyone know which is true? The CSULA advisers tell me that I can't apply for the Basic program but I can apply for ELM while the SON says that I can't apply for ELM because I don't have my Bachelor's degree yet and I should apply for the BSN program. Other graduate schools like APU and UCLA have also told me the same thing - without a Bachelor's, I cannot get apply for the ELM program at their school.
- Oct 25, '11 by DarkBluePhoenixI have no idea. Talk to the nursing dept. Why did you an psych undergrad and not a nursing one? If you are going to graduate then apply for the next cycle El-MSN program. If you not going to graduate then apply for BSN program. You have all the pre reqs done? I'd your GPA good enough? If you figure you points are 22+ then I think your chances are good for the BSN program. BUT if you graduate you may have better chances at the EL-MSN program. You will have to look at the requirements, figure your chances and go from there. There is also ADN programs to look into.
- Nov 6, '11 by DarkBluePhoenixOk so I am bumping this thread up so people can see it! I am plannning on send my application in tomorrow! Currently looking for a CNA job to boost up my application...hopefully I find one before March LOL.
How is all the other CSULA Fall 2012 applicants doing?
- Nov 7, '11 by gaspu8myc00kieHello everyone,
Well, just to let you know, I won't be apply to the 2012 year. I was told that I had too many units to switch majors (so no basic program) and few units for the elm program (i don't have a BA yet).
I've asked about possibly double-majoring, but it seems to be a no-go as of yet. Still waiting for a reply.
Good luck to the rest of you!
- Nov 7, '11 by DarkBluePhoenixAw. Well good luck!
- Nov 15, '11 by DarkBluePhoenixBump!
- Nov 18, '11 by willowitaJust curious if anyone knows if you can transfer straight into the nursing program at CSULA if you have done all the prerequisites at a community college? Or would you have to pick another major, wait a year, and then apply? Even if you have finished all prereqs?
- Nov 18, '11 by DarkBluePhoenixOk so you do the pre reqs at CSULA or at a CC. Once done you can apply to the program.
That being said if your at a CC and your pre reqs are done. Come fall application period, you apply as a nursing major at CSULA. Then you apply separately to the program. Google CSULA nursing go to right where it has academic programs and click basic BSN. Good luck!
- Nov 18, '11 by willowitaThanks for the info BeachBedhead!
- Nov 20, '11 by DarkBluePhoenixNo problem. So where are all the CSULA students at?