CSU Los Angeles School of Nursing (CSULA Fall 2012) - Page 9Register Today!
- Jan 24, '12 by Sirena80Are any of you planning on also applying to community colleges? I feel like I should as a backup, but I really have my heart set on CSULA and a BSN program. What are you all planning on doing?
- I am in the same boat as you. I want to attend CSULA for a bsn program. I will apply to cc's as a backup yes. Maybe 2 or 3.
- Jan 24, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixyes I am applying to Citrus, Chaffey, and RCC (I would apply to PCC but I didn't make it in for the easy semester last spring....oh well, wasnt meant to be)
CSULA is my top choice because it is closest to me and I feel pretty competitive for it (I am competitive enough right? right? RIGHT? LOL) but if I do not get in, then CSUSB, I would hope, would accept me or maybe CSULB (probably not). So yes if I got into CSULA, I would be so thankful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Notice how its just 3 or 4 of us on here talkin' about this? Maybe people will start posting up after the next deadline in March. That deadline is the last one right? They should have decisions in April. Basically that is the week of my birthday if we receive them around the same time as last 2 years have. Wonderful, it could be a crappy bday or good one!
I am just relieved that I have everything turned into the program. I still haven't received my return receipt yet but I sent it last Friday so I dont expect to get anything back until the end of this week. I would really like to verify that all that I turned in was complete and valid. For my healthcare experience I just had our HR dept write that I work as a CNA at the hospital with the letterhead and signed by her. I turned that in with a copy of my badge, CNA cert and DL (just in case). I hope that is enough. All I really need to do is to turn in transcripts from here on out.
For someone as impatient as me, this is going to be long wait!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus the only spring class I am taking is 6 weeks and online so I cant even have school distract me! I guess its time to find another job to help pay for school.
- You write a lot lol. Yep it's a waiting game from now on. Let's all pray we get in
- Jan 24, '12 by SpiffynessThat would be the best birthday gift ever to get an acceptance letter to nursing school! I applied to 6 nursing programs: SFSU, CSUS (application cycle starts on Feb. 1), CSULA, CSUSB, CSULB, SDSU. I was surprised that CSUS is a 4 semester program and most programs are longer then that, but you still end up at the same spot in the end. I was considering that maybe CSUS would be a better option since tuition is cheaper (only paying for 4 semesters) and they have high nclex pass rates. I've been studying and studying and studyingggggggg to get into CSULB's nursing program and I don't know which school is better.
Aside from that, do we find out about our acceptance letters to CSULA, CSUSB, and CSULB around the same time?
- Jan 24, '12 by SpiffynessQuote from karanb1rVenting to strangers in the same boat as you is more helpful than venting to friends who have no idea how hard it is to get into nursing programs! :PYou write a lot lol. Yep it's a waiting game from now on. Let's all pray we get in
- Yeah I understand. I am not saying venting is bad rather just pointing out that he or she writes a lot
- Jan 24, '12 by Sirena80I think I'll probably apply to GCC and PCC just for the heck of it. But honestly, if I don't get in to CSULA, I will be devastated! My birthday is right around the time they started sending letters in April last year too! I'm also hoping it will be a good birthday!
- Jan 24, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixHa ha ha I do write a lot. Yup and it is venting. I didn't know CSUS has a fast track program. Too bad I am unable to. move or else I would have applied. Sirena: good or bad birthday present for both of us right?