CSU Los Angeles School of Nursing (CSULA Fall 2012) - Page 40Register Today!
- Apr 22, '12 by Azhancsula's nursing program may be good, but it also sucks too. It ****** me off that CSULA students don't get priority when it comes to admissions. Plus, if you get an A- in any class, that automatically drops your GPA to a 3.8, which sucks for me because i would have a 4.0 if it werent for the A-'s.
- Apr 22, '12 by tiger07hey azhan, it is what it is. With a 3.8 GPA, you will most likely get in. I would be upset too if I were in your position, but the SoN wants the best of students. It's unfair to admit someone with a lower GPA just because they go to that school. I trust their system in that they have one of the highest pass rates for NCLEX. Whatever they're doing, it's working. So...let's all be patient until we get the news....THEN, let's vent/get angry/whatever.
- Apr 22, '12 by karanb1rIt's the Sunday before the supposed acceptance week!!!Stay strong everyone and stay hopeful!! We had a student speaker from CSULA at my school, who transferred from the school I attend. She applied and at first she did not get in but she was notified that a spot had opened up for her 2 or 3 weeks before school started. She took the spot and she is now an RN. You never know what will happen guys so stay optimistic and strong.
- Apr 22, '12 by Sirena80I have gotten all A's and I don't have a 4.0 either because the school I went to has the +/- system too. I don't think it's unfair, it's just the way it is. Grades are only one part of the selection process anyway. The rest of the criteria have nothing to do with grades, so everyone has an opportunity to get adequate points. As I have said before, we are all competing with transfers no matter where you go to school.
- I am going to call. I do not think it is fair for them to send out 'waves' of letters. Why not send them out in a group? I just owe CSUSB $100 for their program and if CSULA doesn't send me some sort of a rejection notice by then, I still [kinda] want to be in the running so I need to pay them $100 as well.
That is $200 that I DONT HAVE!
Gosh, this is BS. Why not make a special consideration for transfers who apply to nursing programs!
- Apr 23, '12 by kosmic2003Yup that is really unfair. while u are at that. Ask when they will be sending out notices about acceptances and rejections
- Ok so I talked to one of the nursing program people. She said that the files are complete and that they are preparing and sending out letters today. We should be notified via snail mail.
She wasn't the actual admission person that does all that but she was out to lunch. I have her extension and I will call her in a half hour.
- one step ahead of you kosmic!
I will post once I talked to the lady. I wonder, since the files are complete, if all the rejection notices are out. Since I got crappy news all day regarding CSULB, I just want to get the crappy news regarding CSULA out of the way as well. My bday is Thrus, and i really do not want to receive a rejection that day...
What a wonderful week it is.