CSU Los Angeles School of Nursing (CSULA Fall 2012) - Page 39Register Today!
- Apr 20, '12 by Pushing_DaisiesYo!
I'm currently working full time at a home health care agency, and going to school full-time. Taking Poli Sci, Psych 2 (Mind & Brain), Health, and Cultural Anthro.
As of recent, I've decided that if I don't get in here, I shall give West Coast a try. Good reviews have gone up as far as I know from people who go there, and it's finally become accredited as of November last year.
Plus, since I'm done with my prereqs, I'll be paying less - around 90 grand.
- Apr 20, '12 by Sirena80Kosmic- Wow, that sounds like a fun course load, haha. I'm going to try to get into stats over the summer, I am dreading it!
Daisies- Hopefully you will get in so you wont have to worry about West Coast because even at the bargain price of 90k that would kill me! I guess one of the perks of living in SoCal is getting used to everything costing a million bucks.
- Apr 20, '12 by Pushing_DaisiesPretty much!
- Apr 20, '12 by kosmic2003Haha, yeah stats is crazy. Such a different subject from what I have been studying before (nursing prereqs lol). Anyways damn! 90000 for west coast! That is crazy!
- Apr 20, '12 by karanb1rI am completely done with all of my prerequistes, I am working while free and I am looking to enroll in a nutrition class.
The time has gone by so fast since this thread first started!!! We now have about a week+ left of waiting!!!
- Apr 21, '12 by Azhanthe final wait is agonizing huh? so close yet so far! And regarding the $100 deposit. I think it be better to get a written statement from the admissions office, because let me tell you, CSULA's administration sucks. Take it from someone who goes there. They've messed up so many things for me its not even funny. So I would recommend you get a written statement from the office so you can blame them if something goes wrong (not that they'll admit to it anyways) but its worth a try.
- Apr 21, '12 by csupSo this information is based on last year so dont assume anything. I applied last year in CSULA's SON with I believe 18 points and they told me that Ive been rejected the week before my final which is the first week of June. I had several friends that got an acceptance letter late April and they were on top of the list because they had 28-30 points. CSULA's SON accepted the applicants with the highest points first then they do several wave of acceptances each week. If you are within the borderline (I believe its 20 points but Im not sure) you might not get any response til June. I know someone that got a call from the SON days before school started and got accepted. Im a CSULA student btw.
- Apr 22, '12 by kosmic2003Thanks for the info csup. For the people that did not do the 100$ deposit, I suggest that you just pay it if you do not hear from the SoN by April 30. There is no telling if the admission office of csula will accept late payments since most of them have poor customer service. Better safe than sorry!
- Apr 22, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixi had the same problem with CSUSB....BUT i emailed the admissions director and she wrote back that I would get a refund if I wasn't admitted to their program. I am keeping that email as proof.
since I dont expect anything from CSULA, I am not paying crap. I wish they would just send all the notices at the same time. Because if you are low on the point totem pole, and you didn't pay because people already got acceptances letters; then you get like an acccept/high alternate letter and now you can't pay! ***
Not saying that will be my problem, but just say'in