College of the Canyons Nursing Program Spring 2012
- 0Aug 30, '11 by MayeLVNHi everyone,
I'm starting a thread for COC RN Program for Spring 2012...Anyone who has applied for the upcoming semester, please feel free to join in.
This is my first time applying at COC.
I'm a LVN
Received my AS Bio and Phys Sciences degree last June of this year.
My pre-reqs gpa is not good so I'm hoping that my experience will compensate for that.
I also applied at AVC last May and took my TEAS on the same month. So I actually used this score when I applied at COC. My TEAS score is pretty decent so again, I hope that will compensate for my not so good pre-reqs gpa.
So anyway, this is will be a long journey for me with so much anticipation of getting accepted. Can't wait for October when the school releases the result. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
- 0Aug 31, '11 by mkm81I'm sure your experience will make a difference!!! I applied for Spring too and it is my first time applying to nursing schools. I am excited and nervous. I still have to take my TEAS in a few weeks. My grades are pretty decent in the pre-reqs as well as overall. I didn't know the results would be given in October...that isn't too long!!! Good luck to you!!! =)
- 0Aug 31, '11 by MayeLVNHi mkm81...thanks and likewise! The TEAS isn't that hard really. I didn't get to study since I was told a week before the test and it was the last two weeks of the semester (Finals!!!). I score 87% which I think is pretty decent. I currently have 3.24 gpa overall.. but from what I heard, most applicants have 4.0 on prereqs and 3.5 on overall.
So here's to the Oct announcement!
- 0Aug 31, '11 by mkm81MayeLVN,
You have really good grades and Teas score! I have a 3.5 gpa overall and 3.2 in the Pre-Req's. I don't lose hope because people are usually applying to about 5 different schools and they usually have a fave. I know I am applying to about 7 schools and hope to just get IN!! =)
Cheers to lots of acceptance letters and having our first pick of school!!
- 0Sep 11, '11 by NurseDaleeHi all! Does anyone know what the wait time (how many semesters) to get accepted to COC for the LVN-RN program is? Do they go by a point system or GPA only? On their website it says you have to be "eligible for Int. Algebra", so it does not have to be finished to apply? Does anyone know of other LVN-RN programs that are close to the AV?
Thank you and good luck to everyone!
- 0Sep 12, '11 by MayeLVNCongratulations and good luck!!!
Quote from mkm81Just an update:
I received an email today stating that I have qualified to take the ATI TEAS and they have scheduled me for the end of the month. This is definetely 1 step in the right direction!!! Now I have to start studying so I can get a great score!!!
- 0Sep 12, '11 by MayeLVNHi...I know COC does not have a waitlist...you basically have to apply every semester (on Aug for the LVN-RN)...You need to get a pre-req eval prior to applying...unless you have all pre-reqs done, they won't really let you apply for the program. AVC has the bridge program but the chances of getting accepted are slim to none...they offer it whenever they have the funding for the classes. I heard its a 3 year wait since they only have the bridge prog in Spring) the generic program itself has a 3 sem waitlist and they also want all prereqs completed. Good luck...
Quote from NurseDaleeHi all! Does anyone know what the wait time (how many semesters) to get accepted to COC for the LVN-RN program is? Do they go by a point system or GPA only? On their website it says you have to be "eligible for Int. Algebra", so it does not have to be finished to apply? Does anyone know of other LVN-RN programs that are close to the AV?
Thank you and good luck to everyone!
- 0Sep 12, '11 by NurseDaleeHi and thanks for responding MayeLVN. I will have my prereqs finished by Dec. except for math. On their website it says you have to be "eligible for Int. Algebra", so does it have to be finished to apply? Or can it be just be taken before graduation like it sounds? I have heard about AVC's long wait, I live right down the street from the college, but looks like I will have to travel to do the LVN-RN somewhere. Good luck for October!
- 0Oct 1, '11 by ilovekolHi everyone! I applied to the program and I was invited to take the teas test as well. If you're wondering, my scores are up on the ATI website. I have a 3.5 gpa overall, 3.8 in pre-reqs (1 B grrr micro lol) and I got a 91 on the teas exam. We find out next week good luck to all of youu!