CHLA New Grad Program March 2013 - Page 9Register Today!
- Oct 18, '12 by spanglecQuote from yginayI know right! Where did everyone apply btw? Im hoping we will hear early next week maybe? Also be on the look out for weird numbers being the (i.e. Canada numbers and blocked numbers) I got a few calls from them awhile back and that's how they showed up on my "smart phone" haha. Fingers crossed for everyone.I like to think we have a pretty good cross section of the applicant pool on this thread, different locations, different departments selected...still no one has heard anything? I have never ever been so hypervigilant for the sound of a phone ringing lol!
My choice were #1 Hem/Onc and #2 BMT I am so fascinated my oncology ahh I want this so bad haha.
- Oct 18, '12 by rast00957Quote from spanglecThats the department I applied for......I hope to work together and make a WONDERFUL team!My choice were #1 Hem/Onc and #2 BMT I am so fascinated my oncology ahh I want this so bad haha.
- Oct 18, '12 by yginayI just found out a friend of mine has 2 sisters working on the Hem/Onc unit. She is going to ask them later on, if they have heard anything about interview dates or calls going out. I should hear back by tomorrow morning but with a little luck, maybe we'll have our own answers by then
I picked Float 1st and CV 2nd btw.
- Oct 18, '12 by Bailey.CMy 1st choice CV Acute, and 2nd was 6 West (solid organ transplant, GI, Nephrology, Gen. Surg)
- Oct 18, '12 by babyrn88Today there was an unfamiliar number calling my phone and I had a little heart attack of excitement... and it was a solicitor. Le sigh.
- Oct 18, '12 by spanglecQuote from babyrn88Same here...haha I have been having trouble with my cable so I had to call Time Warner a few times this week and they called me like 3 times today for a survey...haha torture.Today there was an unfamiliar number calling my phone and I had a little heart attack of excitement... and it was a solicitor. Le sigh.
- Oct 18, '12 by kristinebrnAnother Heme/Onc here, then 2nd was 5W (Communicable diseases).
Holding out for the call! I'm half hoping it will come tomorrow (since it's conveniently my day off).
- Oct 22, '12 by spanglecAnyone hear anything yet from anyone or receive a call?
- Oct 22, '12 by yginayMy friend with the sisters on the Hem/Onc unit said she spoke to them and they said something about they only take like 40 people and tend to take people with several years of experience. I kinda have to question that because one of the Versant conditions is less than a years experience at start date. So, with that said, still no call here, nor have any of my old classmates who have applied heard anything :/ Keeping a positive attitude, the 31st is still a ways off...
- Oct 22, '12 by rast00957Still the same status here, but keeping up the faith. About the years of experience condition it was pretty clear on the requirements. Maybe theyre giving priority for those that have applied for positions but not related to the versant program, the ones with experience, and then we would be filling the remaining vacancy.Just thinking randomly........improvising some ideas of what is going on "behind the phone" that doesnt ring :S