Cedars-Sinai New Grad Summer 2012 - Page 13Register Today!
- May 9, '12 by sugarlipsI wonder if anyone didn't get an invite that did get sent the SkillSurvey.
- May 9, '12 by sallyp911I got in on the 3:00 pm slot and going with a friend who was picked to get the 2 p.m. appt. Good luck to everyone!
- May 10, '12 by sugarlipsDo you think if I submit letters of rec from my volunteer places instead of a certificate of community service that it will show that I don't follow directions? Or should I leave it out? I've never heard of this type of certificate.
- May 11, '12 by RN2012BSNDoes anyone know how many people are being interviewed that day?
Or, what units have residency positions?
- May 14, '12 by NewgradRNMTYes so I got an invite but I never got a call or that skills survey part. So does anybody know what that means. Also do you know how many people are gonna be interviewed? I know over thousands of people applied but there is on 50 slots so just wondering? And what if you don't have any volunteer certificates, its optional but would it look bad that you don't? Sorry for all the questions, just very curious. Cuz my friend had the phone interview but I didn't and we all got the same email. Same with the essay, any format that it has to be like single-spaced or double-space...
- May 15, '12 by RN2012BSNHow many of you that were invited to the interview/open house applied to the New Grad Residency job posting on the website, and how many submitted their general profile only or communicated with the recruiters??
One of the recruiters told me today that "we didn't have a job posting for the Residency" even though I saved the webpage after I submitted to it. (Back at the end of March they had the posting which was Req # 8550.)
Also, I received the SkillSurvey reference email and phone interview in Mid-April, then the open house email on May 7th. I just got another open house email today.
The recruiter told me today that if you don't have a general profile submitted on the website, that they won't interview you (I found out that my last name was auto-filled from my Resume incorrectly so she wasn't able to find it in the system), even though I had the emails inviting me to the open house.
Very weird. Luckily I think I have it all cleared up now, but seems weird that they have so many avenues of finding applicants.
Good luck to everyone!!
- May 17, '12 by nursegirliedoes anyone know what happens if you break the 2 year commitment?? To work nights for two years seems not realistic for me( I can do the 14 weeks of it, but not sure if it is still night shifts after that (once you get to your regular unit). Anyone know?
- May 21, '12 by sugarlipsDoes anyone know which departments are hiring for new grad? Are they taking for ER? I don't want to put myself out of the running for choosing the wrong department.
- May 21, '12 by RN2012BSNI believe that you are to put your ideal long term department. Everyone gets hired to a Med/Surg unit to begin with, then they work with you to transfer to your desired department. They might even try to place Med/Surg area based on what your long term interests are.
I would definitely put ED if that is what you are interested in!
good luck on the interview. I'll be there at 2:30.
- May 21, '12 by RN2012BSNWow, what a long day! How did everyone feel about their interview??
I felt ok about the first interview, then felt much better about the second interview. Now here's to the 2-3 week wait before we hear anything!! :-)
Good luck to all!