Anyone going to Modesto Junior College? - Page 29Register Today!
- Aug 5, '11 by JenAposYep, I've already taken the Teas and it's not bad! See you soon courtknee123. (:
- Aug 5, '11 by apoppyfieldCongrats to the new MJC students. To those who were not selected, don't give up. Use your time to the fullest and continue to study and improve your skills. Give back to other students by tutoring and teaching SI. Don't forget what you learned in phys and micro. Checkout online pharm & pathophys classes. Take a phlebotomy course. Take a CNA course. Work or volunteer at your local hospital. Everything you do now, you can use to enhance your skills as a future RN.
- Aug 5, '11 by mandajane4I turned in my paperwork yesterday at mjc and the lady said that 2 lvn's got into the columbia site. That seems like quite a bit sense they only have 10 students up there. She didnt say how many they took on the modesto campus though
- Aug 8, '11 by dance2<3beatHey everyone! I just received my acceptance letter for mjc's fall 2011 on thursday! Im super stoked, but also going a bit crazy because it starts so soon! Im from orange county so I will be moving up to modesto as soon as I find a place to live. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you got into the fall class as well?
- Aug 8, '11 by JenAposThat is so exciting!! I will be starting there in the spring and am so happy! Are you going to live in Modesto or another city near there? I was glad to get picked for spring since there isn't very much notice or time to prepare for fall. Good luck with finding a place and congrats!!!
- Aug 9, '11 by dance2<3beatThank you! I'm pretty excited! I saw that you have taken the teas already. My appointment for it is monday so I am going to be making a trip up there for the test and also to look for places to live. I really have no idea where to even look because I am not familiar with the area. But i am fine with moving outside of modesto if its not too much of a drive. I've just been checking craigslist for rooms for rent, etc. So we will see what comes up! U were saying that the teas isn't too bad? Im a little apprehensive about it!! Oh and by the way congrats on getting into the spring semester!! Do you live in modesto?
- Aug 9, '11 by JenAposdance2<3beat,
I live near Tracy which is about a 1/2 hour from Modesto. I would look in Modesto, or Ripon is the next city over and is pretty nice. If you have any specific questions on areas let me know. I'd be happy to help. Good luck on the TEAS! Have you done practice tests and studied? If so it is very similar to the practice test. I scored a little bit lower on the actual test than I did in practice but I think that was becasue of nerves and also I had a bad cold at the time. Good luck with everything!
- Aug 9, '11 by courtknee123dance2<3beat
Hi! Congrats on getting into the program for fall. I also have to take the TEAS test on monday. Pretty nervous but I've been doing review questions out of an older version study guide b/c mine has yet to arrive grrrr (I didn't realize I would have to take it so early) and so far it really isn't bad. I also plan on taking one of the online practice tests tomorrow and see my areas where I need to study. After that I'll study those areas and then take the second test probably in a couple days. Anyways I thought I would let you know my approach. How are you doing with the studying so far?
- Aug 10, '11 by dance2<3beat@ Jen, Thanx for the help! I will let u know if I have any questions about areas that I look into.
@ Jen & Courtnee123, I have the teas V study guide book that I have been looking through. I have had it for a while now but barely opened it all summer!! I so wish I have already taken it but I was enjoying my break a little too much. That all changed when I found out I got into the program. Its amazing how that works. haha
As for the practice tests, I still have not taken any. Two of them came in the book that I have but I would have to time & grade it myself. Do you think that it would be better if I just do the online ones instead? I know those cost money but Im not sure how much..
@ courtknee123, it sounds like you have a good plan going with your studying. I still have to review the english/language and the reading. But im probably just going to skim through the reading portion while studying because, well, its just reading. Good luck to you on the test! And are you taking it on mjc's campus?
And by the way my name is Amanda.Last edit by dance2<3beat on Aug 10, '11 : Reason: name!