Anyone going to Modesto Junior College? - Page 28Register Today!
- Aug 3, '11 by Lizr949Enfermera408,
I forgot about the fog! I hope you have safe trips to and from school. Hopefully you can find a buddy to ride with. If you don't mind me asking, do you remember your total points for Delta? Thanks.
- GOt my letter today .... I didnt get in for Fall or SPring 2012. That will make it 8 semesters in a row, or shall I say four years of, sorry you fully qualify, but we don't like you letters. I am so sad and depressed. As a single mom of two kids, we have put our life on hold hoping and praying that this career could change our lives. The lottery process is sooo unfair.
- Aug 3, '11 by Lizr949Waitin4eternity,
Wow! So sorry! 8 times!!? Is MJC your only choice? The lottery is a joke!
- I've tried MJC and Delta, came close to getting in at Delta twice. Since my kiddos are so young Kinder and 2nd grade, I don't want to have to move them around. Communting would mean longer daycare hours, which are super expensive. Well, at least I get to volunteer in my son's Kinder class.
I think the lottery system should get the boot. There has to be a better way.
- Enferma408 - Thats great you got in at Delta! My friend just graduated them this SPring and got a job a month later. She loved it there!! There are quite a few big hospitals there to do your preceptorship in.
- Aug 4, '11 by enfermera408@ lizr949- I dont remember my points but I know for my sciences I had a 4.0 gpa, for the english and nutrition I had 3.5 gpa, I also got the extra points for another language and for low income... Teas I didn't do so well...I got a 72...yikes! (took it during my finals week, ugh!)And I never repeated classes. I made it in on my first try. The thing is I really wasn't going to apply to Delta... I didn't think I would get in, but I did... Good luck to you!
- Aug 4, '11 by Lizr949@ enfermera408,
My points are not looking to hot right now. I got a B in physio and a B in Micro and an A in Antomy. I have a 4.0 for English and Nutrition. I had a week to study for TEAS and got a 76. I have my AA, and hoping a certificate in "First Responder" will give me 2 extra points. First generation at college for 2.5 pts. Total 56 . I feel like all this hard work for that little of pts! In case I don't get in this round, by next app period (Delta) I will have my EMT certificate and I will def retake TEAS. Now I know what to study for!
I found out one of my friends got into MJC first try!!!
- Aug 4, '11 by courtknee123@JenApos
YAYYY! congrats! This was my first year applying too! So you will be in Spring 2012 as well, Me too! Have you taken your TEAS test already? I still have to take mine.