Any news from Ohlone yet? - Page 3Register Today!
- May 1, '12 by USMC_losI just got an acceptance email for the Spring! I would give it another day. Alternates may be notified next.
- May 1, '12 by Mila3791I haven't heard anything either... Ohlone was one of the several colleges I applied for this fall. I wish they just posted the lottery results for us to check instead of making us wait for the email!
- May 2, '12 by jstrawberryI guess alternates will be alerted via e-mail today. I am just dying to know if I made at least the waiting list. And I wanna see the list too!
- May 2, '12 by mjs488According to the website, "Students accepted for the Fall semester will be notified by May. Those students who are accepted for the Spring semester will be notified by the end of September." Therefore it seems quite possible that alternates may not be notified at all...It looks like we (and at this point I include myself, having had no email) will just have to wait until they decide to post the list.
- May 2, '12 by Mila3791I think they will have to post the lottery results within 20 business days. At the orientation they said that 40 students alone with 40 alternates will be notified withing 20 b.d.
- May 2, '12 by mjs488That sounds right, just thought they might post sooner if it was already done. 20 b.d. is also on the website.
- May 5, '12 by kristinannbeckI emailed ------- the direct of nursing (at ohlone) and she said that the alternates have been emailed, so if you have not received an email you were higher than 80 on the lottery list. She also said the list should be posted soon, perhaps monday. Sad dayLast edit by dianah on May 6, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- May 5, '12 by mjs488I left a message at Health Sci but the call was not returned. Thanks for the information!
- May 5, '12 by jstrawberryI am very upset that I wasn't one of the top 80.
- May 5, '12 by mjs488If it is any consolation--and it probably isn't--my last year was like this: I applied to College of Marin, Contra Costa and Los Medanos. At Marin I was 226/237 applicants, at CCC I was 59/70 on their alternate list, an at LMC I didn't even make the alternate list. I was very discouraged and, since I am older than most students here, doubly frustrated in my mind, as one year missed is a year of experience that I will never be able to acquire.
This year, I added Ohlone to my schools. I appear to be no-go from Ohlone, though I would be encouraged to see myself as a Spring alternate (would have to be in the top 100 most likely). I also found losing out on Ohlone to be disappointing, particularly because of the hoops...the reading placement test, the mandatory counseling session, the mandatory information session to pick up the application and then the hand-carry to submit the appilcation, which represented about 11 hours and 350+ driving miles for me. Plus, the facility is amazing and it makes one feel like they are in the 21st century of education.
I am again no-go from Marin (144/189), and LMC has yet to select. I have a glimmer of possibility this year, at 5th of 40 alternates from CCC -- I am hoping that some students choose other schools or the school receiving some anticipated additional funding.
Bottom line: if this is what you want to do, hold on, even though the ride can be very painful at times :uhoh21:.