American River College Fall 2013 Applicant PoolRegister Today!
- by ShyeoftheTiger Mar 12I haven't been to any of the Multicriteria meetings on the new application process for American River College but I have a question:
If ARC is selecting students from the top 30% of applicants and automatically giving top 30% spots to those who have applied 5 or more times, does this mean that the top 30% will be made primarily of those who have applied 5 or more times?
Does it mean that you need an even higher score to be put in the top 30%/one is less likely to get a spot in the top 30% based on the multicriteria score? Or is it the top 30% of the multicriteria scores AND 5+ time applicants are included in the selection pool?
I hope some of this makes at least a little sense
- Mar 16 by cjr2619I guess no one knows
- Mar 17 by ShyeoftheTigerOr no one on allnurses applied to ARC? We can't be the only ones...
- Mar 17 by cjr2619I know we aren't the only ones...I've talked to a few people on here that have applied before...I did go to one of the meetings, but they never specified about whether the top 30% could be only made up of only returning applicants who are grandfathered in, or if they don't even count them toward the 30%, they are just extra people thrown in the pool....I don't know. Do you think if you emailed the nursing department they would have an answer?
- Mar 17 by LyricallunaSomeone should email them! Lol if that's the case then the rest of the pool wouldn't stand a chance! I'm wondering myself this question. It sucks the cut off is 5 times because this would be my 4th time applying.
- Apr 3 by ShyeoftheTigerDear ARC,
Your mom's application has been "received" :-l
I kid! I kid!
- Apr 5 by ShyeoftheTigerNOTHING :|
I wonder if it's a lottery to even get them to LOOK at first-time applicants' stuff D:
- Apr 8 by LyricallunaDid everyone get their apps in fine? Doesn't seem like very many people in this forum applied here lol. I made it with my cover page right before they shut their doors Friday. That was a rush lol and I probably won't even be picked, but never hurts to try I guess =/
- Apr 8 by ShyeoftheTigerQuote from LyricallunaWell I know arc favors people who've applied five or more times, but yeah... It never hurts to try!Did everyone get their apps in fine? Doesn't seem like very many people in this forum applied here lol. I made it with my cover page right before they shut their doors Friday. That was a rush lol and I probably won't even be picked, but never hurts to try I guess =/