hi all, i'm new here and hopefully you guys and gals can help me out.
i've already got my degree in medical assistant, but my real passion is for nursing. i've been trying to find a nursing school
in san jose for the longest time, but haven't found one that i feel comfortable in forking cash over to. i've read some ppl's post about accredited school and if they are not, then stay far from it.
but my question is.. how do you know if that accreditation is legit or even accepted by most hospitals when applying for the job. the school i'm looking into is a school called westmed college
i personally never heard of this place before, but today while eating lunch at a local in&out burger, i saw a lot of students there from that school. after speaking with them, i felt comfortable enough to do some research, but wasn't able to find any information on their website.
also, i saw their list of accreditation but being a newbie, i wouldn't know if these are legit or even useful for the future.
can someone help me out? are there anything specifics i should ask them for to ensure it's legit? most are non-refundable fees upfront and with tough economic times, i'm more werry about just forking the money over.
WestMed College's San Jose Campus is:
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology
- Approved to operate by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education
- Approved by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- Approved as a Continuing Education Provider by the Board of Registered Nursing, State of California Department of Consumer Affairs
- Approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs