Structured course for Burns & Plastic Surgery NursingRegister Today!
- by micola75 Oct 18, '08Hey folks
I am searching for a hospital or tertiary education institution(nursing school) that offered 1 year structured course for burns & plastics surgery nursing for international student.
I am currently an qualified RN and been working in this field for 12 years. I hope to pursue my interest in this field . I want to know more in-depth & be trained in burns & plastics surgery nursing.
I am lucky to work for my hospital that agreed to sponsor me to pursue my interest. :redpinkhe
I need to search for a hospital or school that offer me this course. I have been searching in the internet but unable to find.
I am writting to hope that someone can guide me or share with me if you know where I can pursue my further education in this field.
- Oct 19, '08 by micola75I am searching for oversea countries such as UK, USA, Australia and NZ. Unfortunately, my country don't has a year course that lead to a certification.
- Oct 22, '08 by XB9SI can't speak for the other countries but in the UK burns and plastic surgery courses are taught as part of a degree or masters program rather than as stand alone courses. There are usually entry requirements to these courses and one would be that you are a qualified nurse with NMC registration, therefore unless you go through the registration process with the nursing and midwifery council it is unlikely you would be accepted as a student on such a program.
- Feb 4, '09 by micola75Thanks Sharrie. BTW, do you have any idea which hospitals or universities in UK actually offered this course as part of their degree program?
- Feb 4, '09 by micola75Is there any burns or plastic trained nurses out here in this forum who can share with me where you were trained? Any nurses from Australia? Is plastic and burns nursing a combine course or they are separate course?:icon_roll
- Apr 21, '12 by Omaleplease i need a comprehensive details about burns and plastic nursing in Nigeria