Burns Resources - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 13, '04 by suzy253thanks for posting all of these great, great resources. I'm still very much interested in burn nursing. I think it is time that I contact someone at our trauma hospital to see if I can shadow a nurse for part of the summer. But who to contact, I don't know.......any suggestions?
Thanks again. Sue
- Jul 20, '04 by gwenithI would first talk to HRM to see if you can get some names and contacts and then the unit manager/ area co-ordinator I am sure they would be delighted to have you.
- Jul 20, '04 by suzy253Quote from gwenithThanks Gwenith.....I emailed the Nurse Manager of the trauma center who put me in touch with the director of the burn unit. I have to give her a call (as soon as I finish my summer course...soon) and I'll go there to meet her.I would first talk to HRM to see if you can get some names and contacts and then the unit manager/ area co-ordinator I am sure they would be delighted to have you.
But what exactly does shadowing a nurse involve? Just watch what they do/observe...????
and thanks for keeping this thread open with all those links. I'm going through them all...little by little.
- Feb 7, '05 by learnigmark[QUOTE=gwenith]I am starting the ball rolling for burn resources
These are good resources for those wanting to know the basics of burns
I checked this site. So how does a nurse treat a burn?
- Feb 28, '05 by rngradA wonderful burn center .....Check it out for the latest research http://viper.med.unc.edu/surgery/burncent/index.html
- Jul 8, '05 by pookster606When I worked burn it was on job training. At first you only observed and learned about the dressings, and if you still wanted to come back they would start teaching you dressings ect... took me 3 weeks before I was allowed to change a dressing. That was 6 years ago. Loved the work, but had to relocate.
- Oct 8, '05 by gwenithAnother great resource site http://medstat.med.utah.edu/kw/ibc/emergency_care/
I will be online later today and will review ALL currently listed sites and update/change them as needed.
- Feb 21, '06 by jox011WHAT IS THE BEST INFOMATION TO POST AT THE HOSPITAL I WORK INFOR BURNS.. LATELY WE HAVE SEEN A FEW, AND BEING IN THE COUNTRY THE MORE SEVERE GET FLOWN OUT TO PERTH. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT, AND INITIAL TREATMENT IS A MUST FOR US TO LEARN, I HAVE JUST BEEN ASSIGNED THE WOUND CARE NURSE AND NOW IT'S MY JOB TO SEEK INFORMATION AS A TEACHING TOOL FOR THE OTHER STAFF.... PLEASE HELP JOX
- Mar 29, '06 by brow81Another good site is burnsurgery.org I have found a lot of very helpful info there
- Aug 9, '06 by VickyRNfree professional article:
the delicate business of burn care
after reading this article, you should be able to:
1. describe the american burn association's scale for determining the severity of burns.
2. discuss burn statistics for the united states.
3. describe nursing interventions crucial to helping burn patients survive their injuries.