Australian STUDENTS - page 5
Hi There, I know this isn't the nursing student forum, however that area of the board is largely plagued with nursing students in America! I'm an Australian nursing student scouring All Nursing for any other Australian nursing... Read More
- 0Aug 8, '09 by AusNurse2BQuote from frellyouThe double degree is an extra 12 months. The midwives up here in QLD are a bit hesitant towards the undergrad midwives because of what you said, but I think it depends on the uni as to what they learn, I think these days the uni's are expanding their teaching to include illness and pregnancy.I was speaking to a nurse from NICU at RNS who thought that the UTS bachelor of midwifery students didn't really have the basic nursing skills they needed, so a combined degree would be good. How much longer does it take?
- 0Sep 26, '09 by Zoe*aka*studentnurseHI
How is everyone going??? Nearly on the count down to end of semester!! YAY I'm looking forward to the break.
Uni is going great for me - I'm loving this semester's subjects (except for one subject, which I really do enjoy - just can't stand the tutor and she makes it really boring) and doing really well. I only have end of semester assessment left now, so
1 A&P2 exam
1 Health promotion exam
and the osca for clinical health assessment
Hope everyone is going well, and look forward to chatting again soon,
- 0Oct 8, '09 by Mimichamahello fellow australian nursing students.
i am studying at qut in brisbane. just out of curiosity, what subjects are you guys taking?
i'm taking bioscience, foundations of nursing practice, nursing and the health care system, clinical prac 1. i am allocated to the oncology, haemotology and chronic pain wards for my first clinical prac. i have over a month or so left of waiting and i'm very excited/terrified for it. i'm sure it's normal to be getting mixed feelings for the first prac.
Quote from rachelgeorginathere are over 500 nursing students at my school (the numbers are slowly decreasing) and unfortunately not all of them use online forums... i guess i'm wondering how many students there are out there from australia, first!
-mimiLast edit by Silverdragon102 on Oct 12, '09 : Reason: pm to member
- 0Oct 14, '09 by sydneymum14Wow this is fantastic, thanks for starting it Rachel. I have applied for the ACU for BN next year. I will do it part time too so it will take me 6 years and I will be 50 when I finish. Meanwhile I'm working as a community AIN in Sydney and loving it. I do 3 evening runs and 2 morning runs per week. I have 2 teen's who are preety independent. I have bought some textbooks already and am studying them ahead. Got a great DVD with clinicals on it. Loved the TAFE courses I did so hope I can do Uni ok. I think all the uni's have different subjects, or maybe the names. I've got a brochure with the names of all my subjects and the first two are community, health and welfare and Foundation Biology 1.
- 0Jan 24, '10 by rachelgeorginaTEN = Trainee enrolled nurse
This semester I am taking...
- Foundations of Children's Nursing
- Adult Nursing: Neuro + Endocrine
- Fundamentals of Pathophysiology 3
My two clinicals this semester are 10 days at a nursery or special school and 5 days on the wards. I'm 100% excited. So excited I've been practicing my long division for infusion calculations!