Australian STUDENTS - Page 4Register Today!
- Jul 30, '09 by Lex78Buttercup, I'm the same. Always good on exams... even stuff I have no idea about. But essays etc... Bah!!!
Well.. We covered the basics of the circulatory system and the respiratory system this week, and I'm now envisioning everyone full of vessels and the cardiac muscles and chambers of the heart, and lungs looking like microscopic bunches of grapes!! (ok, that description didn't help me!) and my buzz word (or phrase) at the moment is Myocardial Infarct... because it almost sounds like I'm swearing! (small things amuse small minds as they say!)
Am also now paranoid about cardio vascular disease!!! And telling everyone to get their cholesterol and blood pressure checked... *sigh* the novetly will wear off soon... I feel like a space cadet!Last edit by Lex78 on Jul 30, '09 : Reason: typos
- Aug 7, '09 by AusNurse2BHi! Good to see some more students here! I am 2nd year, 2nd semester doing a dual nursing and midwifery degree. Uni is a love hate thing for me at the moment!!!! I am loving to hate it....
But I love the nursing in general overall, so will plug along!
- Aug 7, '09 by rachelgeorgina^^^ I wish this was offered where I'm studying! Unfortunately it's only one or the other! What is your program like?
- Aug 7, '09 by AusNurse2BCongrats Rubystar!!!
- Aug 7, '09 by buttercup99WOW, congrats Rubystar!! How many rotations do u get and what specialties are they?
The deadline for applications for GNPs here closes on August 31st. I haven't started my apps yet. i'm a bit scared because i don't know what to put in my resume. I have spent my time since school bringing up my son so i have no job experience. Eek.
- Aug 7, '09 by StudentBeccyHey i'm new on this forum. I'm an EN student at TAFESA, at Pt Adelaide. (lol i found it by accident while doing homework) I'm coming up to doing my clinical placement soon, which i'm really looking forward to! I cant wait!
- Aug 7, '09 by frellyouI was speaking to a nurse from NICU at RNS who thought that the UTS bachelor of midwifery students didn't really have the basic nursing skills they needed, so a combined degree would be good. How much longer does it take?
Buttercup, can you talk to your careers centre at uni? Other than that I would play up any community type roles, maybe P&C or something? Organising a family is a hard job (I can't even organise myself, lol) be confident in the skills you have learned rather than focussing on what you don't have. Anyway, I'm sure you're not the first nursing student to be in this position.
- Aug 8, '09 by rubystarQuote from buttercup99I get 4 rotations over 2 years. I was really hoping to get this one because it sounded like the best one going. I'm hoping to do some critical care stuff like ED in the later ones, but I have no idea what ones I got. I don't even know when I start because they have several intakes early next year and I said I didn't mind which one I got.WOW, congrats Rubystar!! How many rotations do u get and what specialties are they?
Cheers for the support everybody this is exciting! Nursing school goes so fast.