UALR Class of '13
- 0May 7, '11 by nursingstudentARWho got in?!?! I did! Everyone excited? I have lecture t/th 8-11am & my clinicals mondays. Unsupervised practice 12-4pm. Anybody have the same? Whooooo (:
- 0May 7, '11 by mgrn2bI was hoping that there would be more AR representation here. I don't know if people don't know or they just don't get engaged. I, myself, have found A LOT of helpful information here. It has been refreshing to read posts from others who have experienced some of the same anxiety that I have about nursing school...especially since this is a second career move for me.
To your original post...I have supervised clinical on Wednesdays, lecture T/Th 12-3 and unsupervised practice T 8-12. I wish you well...I am really ancy about this summer session. There is combination of excitement and anticipation. I really don't know what to expect regarding teaching styles, testing styles, flow, etc. I REALLY want to be a nurse!!
- 0I agree. I have found some of the information on here very useful. It's nice to see many other people just starting out and as nervous/excited as I am!
Anyways, no classes together, huh? Darn. Well, good luck to you as well! I've heard the summer session isn't too difficult. Just listen and practice, practice, practice!
- 0May 9, '11 by Witty3RNI love this site and love seeing post by Arkansas nurses and nursing students. I'mthatguy -- they love you on here lol
I have supervised clinical on Wednesday 8 - 4. Letcure T/Th 12 - 3 and unsupervised practice Th 8 - 11. My schedule to similar to mgrn2b.
I was wondering what type of backpack do you plan to use for nursing school. I was thinking about order something that I can fit my laptop in but did not know if I should get one with rollers -- or are backpacks with roller uncool and overrated... Just wondering let me know.
- 0Man, no one with my classes... I was hoping to find someone with the same to collaborate with!
I'm using my L.L. Bean backback that i've been using forever. I like that it has a little front pocket for pens, calculators, etc. Then another pocket for my laptop if i choose to put it in. Then the big pocket for books, binders. It's huge but it doesn't feel heavy at all. I love it. Plus, it has my name on it so no one can ever take it without me knowing (:
I still like roller backbacks. Not overrated or uncool. I just don't want to buy another one.
This may sound super nerdy but i also ordered a livescribe pen to take my notes with. It's the one thing I'm extremely excited about! (:
- 0May 9, '11 by mgrn2bI've been thinking about a roller backpack. I saw Target had one in their sale paper yesterday. Our fundamentals book is thick, and I had a chance to see the Fall book list and it has more texts so I figured I would save my back. I have a rolling computer bag that I used with my last job; I may try to get away with for a little while. The rolling backpacks which can hold a laptop seem to be soooo expensive.
Does anyone know if we can record the class lectures?
- 0May 9, '11 by Witty3RN@nursingstudentar I actually thought about ordering a livescribe pen but haven't yet. Maybe after this summer class you can let me know how you like yours.
@mgrn2b We will have to find each other the first day of lecture. And I know I've been looking at the backpack rollers that hold laptops and they are so expensive. I don't even know if I'll take my laptop to class with me, I haven't ever before. I'm going tomorrow to pick up books and hopefully they have the skills kits in by now.