New Grad in Arkansas?Register Today!
- by LaurainLA Jul 9, '10Hi,
I'm a new grad (May 2010) from southeast louisiana, and I'm conisdering relocating because the job market is almost nonexistent here. I have already taken the NCLEX-RN and passed. I was wondering how the job market is for new grads in Arkansas? Pay isn't important, but experience seems to be everything. I cannot further my education or get a job in my area of choice without experience. Please give me good news!
- Jul 9, '10 by scawiezellI know a lot of the hospitals in the area are on hiring freezes or don't have positions available at this time. I have been an RN for a year at St. Vincent and I got in through the New Grad Residency program they have. I do believe some of their floors take new grads without the program, just not into critical care areas.
- Jul 9, '10 by LaurainLAThank you for the info. The hiring freeze seems to be everywhere.
- Aug 7, '10 by smileymimiThat's not true. Search Fort Smith, AR on google for hospitals and start applying. I just relocated from NYC, brought two of my RN friends as well.
- Feb 1, '11 by newgrad1987So did you have any luck with finding a job in Arkansas....Im a new grad looking for some good opportunities.