Moving to Arkansas - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 21, '06 by spejsaCan you tell me which hospitals are good in the Fayetteville area? What do they start at?
- Feb 21, '06 by lucinda1518How long has it been since you worked at the VA? I work at the VA in D.M., my husband has accepted a transfer to the Fayetteville area. Does the VA there have much turnover? Positions in D.M. are hard to come by. Nobody quits once they get hired. Haven't checked with human resources yet, just curious. I know there are big differences in VAs. Did you like it there? Where do you work now? Thanks for your help. Cindyrenee
- Feb 22, '06 by bargainhoundI worked there in 1987, so cannot tell you current stuff, but do know they
built a new facility.
I just know I loved it there.
I have family who attend college there now.
- Apr 29, '06 by LPN1974I live in Arkansas......further south, tho, than Fayetteville.
But I can tell you, that yes, housing is much cheaper here, than In California.
I lived in California for about 10 years, before the housing prices skyrocketed. They are outrageous out there now.
I don't know about price of housing in Fayetteville, but where I am, you can a get a nice house for 60k-75k and of course even better houses on up in price.
But 60k would get you a decent house. I'm sure it depends on exactly what you're looking at, and the location, determines alot of the price.
A new grad RN, with maybe a year or two's experience has started to work at my facility, and she said she gets around 17.00+....can't remember exactly.
We work for the state.
Probably up in the Fayetteville area you would do a bit better than where I am.
- May 10, '06 by WindyhillBSNQuote from spejsaJUST STAY AWAY FROM THE BLYTHEVILLE, OSCEOLA AREA. MY SISTER LIVES THERE AND IT'S LIKE GOING BACK IN TIME OR WATCHING AN OLD EPISODE OF "IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT" WITH THEM ONLY SHOOTING FOOTAGE IN "THE BOTTOMS". VERY DEPRESSING!!:trout:Does anybody on here live in Arkansas? I have a few friends who moved back their when their family relocated years ago. One of my friends is an RN, her little sister is not. But, I was told that even new grads start at around $18 an hour and the houses are so much cheaper.
I will never be able to buy a house here inCalifornia! If anybody has any advice, info, :angel2: etc. please forward it on to me.
- Jul 17, '06 by 2007rndmktI am a nursing student, so I can't tell you about the pay. I did live in CA. and had a two story house, pool...but that was 45 MIN. from FRESNO.
There does seem to be more affordable housing here in Ar. vs. Ca. but lets not forget location, location, location!!
- Aug 5, '06 by iluvmynavymansweetie i live right off the 91 west and i feel your pain so im also thinking of moving of course i will miss cali but not $600,000 worth
Follow my posts that I have placed on the Arkansas forum. I am moving there on Monday 2/20/06 from the Fullerton area of So Cal. I know very well where you are coming from when you wonder if you will ever be able to afford a house out in Ca, especially when the median home price is over $600K's. I found a great mortgage loan program for nurses and will buy a house out in AR right away. Since you have friends out there you could always take a travel assignment to AR, see how you like it and maybe make the move and get out of California. I have been planning my move for two years now and only have a few days to go. Good luck and I'll let you know how things work out for me.[/QUOTE]