Summer 2011 Glendale Weekend Student ForumRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Summer 2011 Glendale Weekend Student Forum in Arizona State Nursing Programs, part of Arizona Nursing ... Summer 2011 Glendale Weekend Day Students, Welcome to the thread for students who will be a part...by AmyStudentNurse Mar 1, '11Summer 2011 Glendale Weekend Day Students,
Welcome to the thread for students who will be a part of the newest block at Glendale Community College!
This is a place we can get to know each other before school starts in July. The wait is finally over!
Congrats to all of you who have gotten in. I can't wait to meet you all!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=535414©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 927 Views
- Mar 7, '11 by Shannon1228Hello!
I too will be starting in July at GCC! So excited!
- Mar 8, '11 by i'mdown4thatI'll be joining you all in July, as well. Seems like we've been waiting sooo long....but it's finally here! Woohoo!
Looking forward to meeting everyone!
- Mar 21, '11 by RNinWhiteCongrats everyone! I actually just graduated from the weekend program in December and I have to say it is a great program!!
- Mar 25, '11 by mom2a1c2Hello- I'm also starting in July and I'm trying to work out daycare for my two kids.
Can anyone tell me what time classes start on each day and what time clinicals start? Also, does anyone know where the clinicals are? That will have an effect on my daycare.
Also, if anyone has any suggestions for affordable daycare, that would be a huge help.
- Mar 25, '11 by mom2a1c2Hi, Amy! I'm Patricia. I live in Goodyear, so we'll both be getting up at the crack of dawn. I've seen a couple of different answers for when classes start, so I'm not sure what the most current info is. I've seen 6:30 for clinicals and 7 or 7:30 for class.
This is a second career for me, too. I worked in radio and television for a long time, then have been working with my husband in his construction business since 2004. My kids are 4 & 2. Our original plan was to have my husband stay with the kids while I was in school, but since the economy has changed so much, he has to go work at a different company and won't be around, not even on Saturdays.
I'm really looking forward to school-I've been working on this since 2007!
- May 1, '11 by DeevalHi. Does anyone know if the July start date is only for Block one? I am planning on doing advanced placement (Im an LPN) and wanted to know what months Block 3 starts. Any info would be appreciated.
- May 2, '11 by polerbereSorry I can't answer your question Deeval. I have found the people who answer the phone to be very helpful though (once you get through the phone menus).
I'm Jenny and I will be starting the program in July as well! I'm very excited, but worried about the workload too. Anyone taking any of the additional "recommended" courses? I've heard the review one is helpful, and am registered for a medical terminology class that will start this month.