NAU accelerated BSN 2013 applicantsRegister Today!
- by schershmelshnac Jan 20Hello Internet, did anyone out there apply to the NAU aBSN for 2013? I never post on these things but we have a long 6 to 8 week wait ahead of us so it seems like a reasonable way to procrastinate.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=809971©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,618 Views
- Jan 21 by dsb_famI will join you in your wait. 6 weeks seems forever!!
- Feb 1 by rylin86It's so nice to find others applying to NAU! I also applied for the this Summer, fingers crossed! I hate the waiting game, but time is actually going quicker then I thought it would. Only two to four more weeks to go... eek!!
- Feb 1 by dsb_famHi, welcome to "the Wait"!!!! Are you from Az?
- Feb 3 by ewilbertI applied too and am trying to patiently wait, but really just hoping they will decide a little earlier than March!
- Feb 4 by rylin86Nope, I'm from Oregon :-D Are you from the area?
- Feb 4 by dsb_famYes, I live about an hour away. I have a pretty solid GPA(3.8), but my Kaplan was 79. I am not holding my breath at this point, but who knows how it will all shake out. My healthcare/volunteer experience is my best asset, but I don't think they put too much stock in that. How about you?
- Feb 4 by rylin86I have two B's and the rest A's for my prereqs. I also got a 79% on my Kaplan, I did really good on all sections but the writing sunk me with a 65%, eek! It was a hard test... I also have been volunteering and job shadowing at the local hospital here, so hopefully that at least helps a little? My first GPA wasn't very impressive but hopefully with my prerec grades it will show that I'm really ready to be back in school. Did you apply anywhere else?
- Feb 4 by dsb_famJamthomps, sounds like we are in the same boat. I haven't applied elsewhere, but have kicked around Grand Canyon as an option. I cannot go out of state as I have 6 children(1 foster child who will be going home in a few months) and my husband has a career in our hometown. NAU is my best option and I am scared to death that I won't get in after all the work. I was physically ill to take the Kaplan, nerves got to me big time. I agree that the Writing sucked! I thought I did fine on the Writing and was surprised to see how low my score was on this section. It is really tough to think my application hinges on one exam. Have you applied anywhere else?
- Feb 6 by rylin86I totally know how you feel about the test, I was a complete nervous wreck! Wow! That's awesome that you are pursuing school with that many children, you must be a super multitasker! I am lucky in that I'm in a situation that allows me to move just about anywhere, I do have a dog and bf but both are willing to come with me wherever I get in. I did apply to a few other schools, two instate; Linfield and OHSU and besides NAU I applied to MCPHS in New Hampshire and University of Utah. All over the country :-D