Maricopa Wait List QuestionRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Maricopa Wait List Question in Arizona State Nursing Programs, part of Arizona Nursing ... Hello, (I hope this is the right place to post) I was wondering if anyone could tell me or...by booblu Jan 11, '11Hello, (I hope this is the right place to post) I was wondering if anyone could tell me or approximate where I might be on the waiting list. My time/date stamp is 12/09 8:03, and I've filled out all five choices. I think there were about 2100 people on the waiting list then. And does the 3 to 4 semester wait count summer semester, or only fall and spring semesters?
Also, I didn't want to spend the next year or so not taking any nursing classes, since I've done all my pre-reqs and co-reqs. Are there any CNA courses starting in the summer, I might apply to?
Thanks for your help.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=525821©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 13,277 Views
- Jan 11, '11 by i'mdown4thatThere is a CNA class in the summer at GCC. The application period is 2/28/11 to 3/4/11. I was thinking I might do that as well. All the info is here... GCC AZ: GCC Nursing Department: Nursing Assistant Program
My time/date stamp is 8/14/2009 8:00:45. I am hoping to get in this coming Fall. That means I will have waited 4 regular semesters, not including the summer sessions. Hope that helps.
- Jan 12, '11 by sweetjen2006well once you guys get your cna, you can apply to FTPN program at gateway just another option to go to get you to your rn, it was fater route for me, i applied last october 2010 and got call two weeks ago, so many ppl dropped ect so they had a spot for me, so i start this spring 2011, and then after the program you can get into 3rd block of nursing program. just another path you can go.
- Jan 13, '11 by TheRussianQuote from sweetjen2006what is it? ftpn program...well once you guys get your cna, you can apply to ftpn program at gateway just another option to go to get you to your rn, it was fater route for me, i applied last october 2010 and got call two weeks ago, so many ppl dropped ect so they had a spot for me, so i start this spring 2011, and then after the program you can get into 3rd block of nursing program. just another path you can go.
- Jan 13, '11 by lilmac81Wow...I never thought of that...thanks for the info.
I start my CNA 5-week course in April...then do I apply to FTPN after?
Or can I apply now?
thanks so much!
- Jan 13, '11 by sweetjen2006you have to pass the cna coarse nur 158, the nursing assistant coarse to qualify or a cna licence, FTPN means fast track practical nursing, pretty much lpn the coarse cover nur 151 and 171 information prob even more, and less wait, i mean i got in, it was luck ofcourse, but i got in after just applying, right now even if you apply, waitlist isnt that bad, if anything b a semester or two to wait, which better than 2 years and more. lilmac you prob have to wait to apply in october for spring 2012, they accept application for fall in april and for spring is october/november. any question go to gateway website and look at the practical nursing program, and look at the past application for a idea, saves money and program is do able for people who work. the classes are only 3 days a week, day concord and night concord. check it out guys if you can, always be open minded, save years off maybe.
- Jan 14, '11 by fromtheseaRNi'd wait it out. i just posted this under another thread, but many people have realized that they can bypass the RN waitlist by doing their LPN then jumping into block 3. since so many people are doing this, depending on the school, you could be waiting 3 semesters to get into the third block of an RN program. only a few LPNs got into my block (i'm in 3 now), and they waited 2-3 semesters.
- Jan 14, '11 by boobluThank you all for the replies, you've all been very helpful. I probably will end up waiting it out, since I've already been waiting a 1 year + on the list.
I did have two more questions though, regarding the CNA class.
1. If you finish the CNA class, are you placed into block 2?
2. Are there any other CNA programs offered in the summer, near the Scottsdale area. I've looked on the other maricopa school's website, and I haven't been able to find application dates or if they offer a summer program.
- Jan 15, '11 by sweetjen2006block three you get into
- Jan 15, '11 by sweetjen2006i also have a girl in my class that waited two years and still on the list, just think about it, just applying wont hurt