just applied for pima community college nursingRegister Today!
- by rg2007 Jan 6, '12My start date has been set for fall of 2015! Anyone here have any experience with getting in sooner than the wait that you were given?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=658627©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,032 Views
- Jan 7, '12 by denaaQuote from rg2007You will definitely get in sooner I got in a 2 semesters early and had the chance to get in even a semester before that. Search for the other threads on this subject and you will get some relief I promise.My start date has been set for fall of 2015! Anyone here have any experience with getting in sooner than the wait that you were given?
- Jan 26, '12 by amr_azI also applied this past june and was given a seat Fall 2014. Everyone swears to me I wont have to wait this long. I hope they are right!! Good luck to you and hope we both get bumped up!
- It will be definitely shorter. I was told 3 years, but it was actually 1 1/2. Get those co-reqs done now, it will be too hard to juggle those with nursing classes otherwise.
- Feb 2, '12 by rg2007Thank you staragate for your reply! I am finishing up my co reqs this semester and hoping to find a job in the medical field to get some experience. How is the program going so far?
- I think the program is great. The instructors are thorough and helpful. If you use the resources they offer, then there isn't much chance of failure. The people who drop out of the program did so mostly because of life events. There were some that struggled with the content, but that's to be expected.
Tips: Plan on working part time at the most. You really need the extra time to study.
The books they use are Elsevier. They sell about 5 text books in a package. It's EXPENSIVE, but do it. It includes a lot of online codes and a discount on everything.
Join the SNAP boot camp. There you will be fed and given the low-down on the program.
- Feb 2, '12 by rg2007Where can I find more info on the SNAP boot camp?
- You will get the info in your orientation.
- Aug 13, '12 by claire_0068Quote from rg2007My start date has been set for fall of 2015! Anyone here have any experience with getting in sooner than the wait that you were given?
HI I applied at around the same time as you. got fall 2015 as well. got a emailed and moved up to spring 2015 lol! hoping everything speeds up. Nurses i work with say its on average 1 1/2 to 2 year wait. have you heard anything back from pima yet.
- Feb 4 by tmbbtmbbI see its been awhile for any posts regarding the pima adn program but i'm gonna through this out there. I just applied dec 2012 and I got a seat in 2017!!!!!!!!!!!! freakin out! just wondering how long people are getting in that recently started.