GCU Summer 2012 - Page 5Register Today!
- @Stoofanie - I have to cancel all of my vacation plan . I pay for school out of pocket, so I really need to save my money right now. It would be nice to go back home (I'm from KY), but school is more important. I'll see them in 2 years....When I graduate!
@Lizzyru - I just started a job as a CNA at Banner Baywood. The nurse manager told me that if I got accepted into nuring school, they would work with my school schedule. So, for the 1st block, I am going to try to work full-time (3 days per week). Once my 6 months is over, I will be able to go PRN. That's my plan. I really want to make sure that I keep my grades up! I was told that when applying for New Grad positions, GPA is taken into consideration. I heard that you're not even considered if you have less than a 3.0 GPA. It's hard to get a new grad position anyway....I don't want my grades to completely eliminate me!
I thank you so much for all of the info that you have given thus far! This is a really special time in my life (an anyone else who has been accepted). I am both nervous and excited at the same time! My dream of becoming a nurse is finally becoming a reality!!!!
- @Stoofanie - PM message me your email address. I will send you the schedule that GCUJen sent me from the cohort before us. She sent me the schedule for Blocks 1 and 2 at St Joe's. Now, I can't guarantee that it will be the same, but it should be similar. If you can't PM me yet, just send me an email. My email address is email@example.com
- Feb 20, '12 by ramo188@johnnyarei : congratulations on getting accepted, I followed your post since 2011. Do you mind to send me the schedule for blocks 1 and 2 ? I got accepted into GCU too for summer 2012. But I got accepted at the Phoenix campus. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feb 20, '12 by ramo188Do we need CPR card before the program start?
- @Ramo188 - Sent! Congrats on getting accepted!!!!! I'm not sure if we need our CPR card before the program starts. I know we will eventually need to have it though. I had to have mine for my job.
- Feb 21, '12 by StoofanieIt won't let me PM on here because I have not sent 15 messages...hahaha. You can email me at email@example.com that would be great Johnnyarei!!
I'm so excited for Friday. Hopefully we'll be able to learn more about the program. Howerton lecture hall is on GCU in the nursing building right?? :/ hahahaha I suck at GCU campus...
- Feb 21, '12 by johnnyarei@Ramo188 - Do you have health/immunization orientation Friday too? I am just trying to find out if the Friday date is for everyone or just for the students at St Joe's.
@Stoofanie - Sent! As far as the location, I guess . I'm not familiar with GCU's campus....But, I'll find where I need to go!!!! I am SOOO excited!
- Feb 21, '12 by ramo188@johnnyarei- yes, I am going to have immunization orientation too this friday in the campus. Thanks for the email
- Feb 21, '12 by StoofanieYeah I'm leaving work early for it! I figure I'd dress semi nice or whatever! hahaha. Those schedules were very awesome especially to get into a time frame! I can't wait till I get to set my schedule after the orientation. Have you guys done the finger print clearance??
- Feb 22, '12 by johnnyareiI already have my Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card. I was going to apply to the Spring 2012 program at Scottsdale Healthcare. So I applied for it back in August of last year. But, due to family obligations, I was not able to start school in January. I think I got the card in October.