Eastern Arizona College - Page 3Register Today!
- Apr 14, '11 by abweaverQuote from LG1137Sorry for the delay.. If you knew how nursing school was then you would forgive me. Anyway, I am finishing up 2nd block now and so far so good!! If you have any questions please let me know.Abweaver, have you now started at EAC? How is it going?
Take it easy...
- Apr 15, '11 by miteacherDo they have a bridge program there where you can do the LPN to RN program? How many days a week do you attend classes?
- Sep 5, '11 by abweaverWe(4 of us left) drive up from the valley to class in globe 3 times a week and even more when we have clinical's
The only thing I know about EAC and LPN's is that they won't let us take the exam until the end of third block which is strange. They say it's something to do with the way the format is but that doesn't really make any sense. We are on the same format as Maricopa so...
Its a good school and I am not going to lie... It's pretty tough...Last edit by abweaver on Sep 5, '11
- Sep 5, '11 by ASHRHi,
Does anyone know how hard it is to get into this school?
- Sep 5, '11 by abweaverYou will need the same things that you need for any nursing program, maybe a little more. I don't think there is a long wait list but it is competitive and you have to be willing to drive all the way to Globe, Payson, or Thatcher...
Some friends and I are in third block at EAC and it's been quite a effort since we live in the valley and drive up the mountain multiple times a week. We are "over the hill" so we are excited to be crossing the finish line soon. We also got lucky because half our class are men so we have a good time and it's not all estrogen...lol..
- Jun 24, '12 by EagerNurseStudentI havee a question. I am On the waitingg list for Maricopas Nurrsing program and I have an opportunity to attend EAC. The concern is I don't know if the school is worth the drive. I don't know anyoone out there
- Jun 24, '12 by abweaverWhat's up Eager Nurse... Well, the drive does indeed stink, I can't lie about that.. As far as the school goes, I would say that our school was a little harder than the public schools in the valley. The school does make you pass several benchmarks thruout school(hesi, math, pharm, etc..) in addition to test so it can be stressful but It's a good school. If Nclex pass rates mean anything it might be helpful to note that our class is batting a 1000 on the NCLEX so far.I know it's hard when you don't know anyone but you can rest assured that you will have some classmates driving up from the valley with you. In our class, 4 of us carpooled for 2 soild years so it was pretty cool. We used the time on the drive to study so it was really helpful to be honest.. If you are thinking about going then you should attend the class called "road trip" that takes place prior to school. You will then be able to meet some other students that might be driving up... If you have any other questions let me know...Last edit by abweaver on Jun 24, '12