Chandler gilbert CCRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Chandler gilbert CC in Arizona State Nursing Programs, part of Arizona Nursing ... I just got into the Fall traditional schedule for Chandler Gilbert community college. Can anyone...by luv2bhapp Mar 18, '12I just got into the Fall traditional schedule for Chandler Gilbert community college. Can anyone give me some insight about the program? How they did and how the professors are or what Block one schedule is like. Any recommondations. I have waited over 2 years by the time I get started and I am very excited to finally get started. Thanks for any info!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=687242©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,095 Views
- Mar 26, '12 by b_reedI also start here this fall and was wondering the same thing.
- May 17, '12 by suec_83Chandler Gilbert Community College is the worst CC you can go to for nursing. The teachers dont teach and in fact are out to make your life hell.. They tell you to learn via Youtube.com or read the book but will contradict what it states, and will refuse assistance when asked. I went there!!! I KNOW!! The school fails on so many levels and helping students is certainly an area of failure. The AZBN has issued them letters of concern (not good) just this year for some of the things I stated. But do your research on this school. I am telling you it will be one of the worst experiences you could ever have as a nursing student.Last edit by tnbutterfly on Jun 5, '12
- May 22, '12 by Marlene39It is a super difficult program for sure. I only went for blocks 3 and 4 so I can't comment on the first 2 blocks. I did hear from fellow students that block 2 was virtually impossible to pass. I know several students failed for non-academic reasons, but only 5 students continued from block 2 to 3. If you are used to getting decent grades, then you will be shocked and disappointed not to be able to do this at CGC. There are many reasons that make getting an A impossible, but lack of effort and studying isn't the problem. I will agree that some of the teachers don't know what they are doing, but there are a couple that are good. Reading powerpoints to the class isn't teaching, but I saw that a lot in block 3. Block 4 was different though. The teachers were good, but some of the tests were out of our knowledge base. They seem to be written for very experienced RNs, not entry level. I'm a really good test taker and I study A LOT and it was hard.It is so difficult to get into a program that sometimes you have to make the best of things. Learn as much as you can about how to answer NCLEX questions BEFORE starting class. Having good test taking strategies will help. No insignificant little bit of knowledge is off limits on a test at CGC. The tests I had were not on the general but on the specific. I'm sure the early blocks were more general. Make sure you do every assignment to the best of your ability and don't think that even 1 point doesn't matter. It is possible to fail by 1 point in the end (I've seen it happen and they don't give you points for good behavior). And learn the dosage calculations before starting class. You have to pass them 100% and they take off a lot of valuable points if you don't pass with 100% the first time. they are done every semester and are worth a lot in the grade scheme of things. Have someone show you the easy way to do them and then practice. Know the rounding rules and make sure you look at each answer carefully for rounding errors before turning the test in. Most mistakes are in the rounding. Label correctly. Look at the question and make sure your answer label matches the label they are asking for. If it doesn't you might have done the wrong calculation. There are just so many little things I could tell you, but they kind of go for every school. Every point counts in nursing school!!I'm happy to help anyone who needs it. Nursing school was the best and worst time of my life. I'm so glad to be done!!! Best of luck!!!
- Jun 5, '12 by PaulioSound like nothing has changed since they failed 1/2 my block 3 class including me in the fall of 2007. They also failed 1/2 the block 3 class the semester before mine. And 1-2 students that failed some how got just enough extra points Magicly added to ther grade days after the final to mysteriously pass. We appealed but no one at the school cared. I remeber some of the teachers at the schools were great while others were Crooked.
- Jun 15, '12 by wildcatchristieOh no, now I am freaked out.
- Jun 15, '12 by suec_83Dont be... Defer and choose another school! Its worth it... to be sure you get teh best education and experience is worth the extra semester of waiting!! Or go through the first semester and bail out and transfer elsewhere, but get your paperwork in ASAP or you will not get in anywhere else.. Block 2 weeded out 19 students without cause in spring of 2011.. and before that semester it happened again.. Not sure how many but a lot!! Good luck!
i have had a few friends and people say they were going there and asked my opinion. After i told them my experience and referred them to other students, they deferred to save themselves the trouble and drama!!
- Jun 17, '12 by wildcatchristieHow does one go about transferreing between blocks? I would like to know since I already committed to Block 1 here. I already deferred once. I can't wait another 2 years to be on another wait list.
- Jul 8, '12 by luv2bhappI am pretty nervous about this also especially after hearing all the replys. I had heard about the law suit that the school is going thru from some students in Spring 2011. I am not in the situation where I could defer, I did not want to wait another year. I am hoping that with the school being under such scrutiny that maybe it will help with the program getting better. ( wishful thinking) I guess I will have to grin and bear it and try to succeed and find a good study group. It is not easy to find a lot of information about the program thru "google". Thanks for all the advice I wish I had a better feeling going into this program after waiting almost 2 1/2 years. I will definetly look into transferring after the first semester if I feel the need to do so. I really wanted to get into the MCC program but was full I guess I will have to say alot of prayers to guide me thru!
- Jul 9, '12 by wildcatchristieQuote from luv2bhappAre you starting at CGCC this fall? If so, I will be in your class.I am pretty nervous about this also especially after hearing all the replys. I had heard about the law suit that the school is going thru from some students in Spring 2011. I am not in the situation where I could defer, I did not want to wait another year. I am hoping that with the school being under such scrutiny that maybe it will help with the program getting better. ( wishful thinking) I guess I will have to grin and bear it and try to succeed and find a good study group. It is not easy to find a lot of information about the program thru "google". Thanks for all the advice I wish I had a better feeling going into this program after waiting almost 2 1/2 years. I will definetly look into transferring after the first semester if I feel the need to do so. I really wanted to get into the MCC program but was full I guess I will have to say alot of prayers to guide me thru!