ASU Summer 2010 Program ApplicantsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on ASU Summer 2010 Program Applicants in Arizona State Nursing Programs, part of Arizona Nursing ... Hello, everyone! I submitted my application for the accelerated Summer 2010 program at ASU...by PineappleCrush Jan 28, '10Hello, everyone!
I submitted my application for the accelerated Summer 2010 program at ASU awhile ago, but I just realized that the February 1st deadline was coming up and wanted to see if anyone else here on allnurses.com applied or is applying. I'm so nervous, I've already applied once and didn't make it--I really, really, really, REALLY hope I can get in this time.
I'm already starting to get impatient waiting for April!!! My whole life is on hold until then! I hate that I can't apply to any other schools because I'm stuck waiting for ASU and I don't want to pay a bunch of application fees if I make it into ASU regardless. Don't get me wrong, though, I really want to get into ASU's program. I just want to get into nursing, really. It's just a little annoying that we will find out about getting into the program so late in the year .
Regardless, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :heartbeat
What scores are you all applying with?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=452856©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 45,624 Views
- Jan 30, '10 by swimchick89hi pineapplecrush,
i just turned in my application this week and i'm sooo nervous!!! i'm applying with a 5.59 and i'm really worried about not getting in. what was your final score?
- Jan 30, '10 by AZapplicantHi PC,
This is the 3rd time that I've applied to ASU's nursing program. My score is a 5.71 for the Summer 2010 application (I did better on my NET exam this time). I have also heard that it might be easier to get into the Summer program because of the higher tuition costs. However, there are only 60 seats available (compared to 80 or 100 in previous semesters). I am also very nervous and cannot believe how perfect you have to be to get into this program. Good luck to all!
- Jan 30, '10 by PineappleCrushYay! Hello, hopeful ASU BSN students!!! I know I'm obviously not in this alone, but it feels better to be able to talk to people who know exactly what I'm going through!
Whoops, I totally forgot to put my score up last time, but I'm not too proud of it simply because the last time I applied I actually had a BETTER score. I did so much WORSE on the NET the second time around, it really sucked. That reading portion always gets me!!
Anyhoo, I'm applying with a 5.600 since I have a 4.0 now. For the Spring 2010 advancement (which I obviously didn't get in) I had a 5.607. Now I have a better GPA, but a much worse NET score. I seriously hate the NET exam! Thank goodness they're getting rid of it, but I don't want to have to study for a different test! Ack!
haha, listen to me complain. Just like you, AZapplicant, I'm hoping the Summer program will have less applicants since tuition is more and most scholarships don't cover summer. I'm also hoping the accelerated scares people away, too. I think at this point I actually prefer accelerated because I just want to get out and start being a Nurse!! I'm worried about the 60 seats, too, though.... Hopefully it will work in our favor!
Is this your first time applying, swimchick89?
Here's to hoping the letters come sooner rather than later!! T-minus 2.5 months(ish).... :heartbeat
- Jan 30, '10 by swimchick89no definitely not lol. sadly this is my third time applying.Last edit by swimchick89 on Jan 30, '10
- Jan 31, '10 by AZapplicantHi Everyone,
I also did really bad the second time that I took the NET. I felt like I was second guessing myself the entire time. However, I did suprisingly better for this last cycle. What stinks about this is that we are all very good students, but there are so many of us out there.
I am actually on the wait list for the Maricopa CC program. I highly recommend that as a back up plan. There really aren't too many fees to get on the wait list. However, the wait list is 1.5 to 2 years long. I know it is not as glamorous, but it made me feel a little better when I got my last rejection letter from ASU. I know that I really want to do this and I'm going to get there some how!
Good luck to you all and please keep posting. It makes me feel like I'm not alone!
- Feb 3, '10 by cna to crna2bWell I am applying again for my second round. I did a little better on the NET this time I applied with a 5.70 this time. If I don't get in this time I am changing my major and going on to Med school. I have talked to A.T. Stills and Midwestern here in the Phoenix area and the average GPA they admit into their D.O. medical schools is a 3.3 and 3.4 respectively. It is ironic that you can't get into nursing school with a 4.0 but a D.O. school will get you in with a 3.3. Good luck to you all.
- Feb 10, '10 by PineappleCrushAZapplicant: Yeah, I've applied for the MCCD program, too. I'm actually hoping to get into the Banner Fellows summer program if I don't get into ASU. Unfortunately, I applied for the MCCD program kind of late, so there are still like 2,000 people ahead of me ha ha! And now they're re-structuring the Banner Fellows program, too... Craziness. Hopefully they won't change too much. But I love your attitude and believe in the same thing: I'm gonna get there somehow! I'm sure we all will eventually.
CNA to CRNA2B: Wow, that really IS crazy! I would actually love to go to med school, but the MCAT totally freaks me out. It took a friend of mine 4 years to get a good enough MCAT score to apply to med school... she has bad test anxiety like me. (hence why I do so poorly on the NET) I plan on getting a DNP, though, so I'll get my doctorate some day
Good luck everyone! It looks like so far we're all past-appliers. I really is crazy how hard it's been to get into nursing school. I never would have expected this, but half the problem is due to the fact that they cut so many people from the programs and closed the West and Polytech programs. Thank goodness for this summer program, though!
- Feb 20, '10 by swimchick89Hey everyone,
I talked to one of the advisors and apparently only 85 people applied! Which is way better then having 300 people apply for 60 spots.
- Feb 20, '10 by PineappleCrushSwimchick89....
Are you serious? Like... you're seriously serious?!? Who did you talk to? ...OMG... I'm seriously about ready to have a heart attack... AHH! That makes everyone's chances of getting in SO much better.... but also if we don't get in it makes it suck even worse if there really are only 85 people. OMG...
Thank you for telling us, though!
OMG my heart is racing... :heartbeat