ASU Spring 2012Register Today!
- by averageanglophile Oct 14, '11Hey Everyone!
Just got my acceptance letter for Arizona State University's cohort starting Spring 2012! Any other allnurses readers get accepted?!
I'm so excited to start the upper division classes!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=629151©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,717 Views
- Oct 17, '11 by BSN_BOUNDAverageanglophile-
When did you apply? How quickly did you find out? What is the criteria to get into this program? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm attending an info session on Monday.
- Oct 17, '11 by averageanglophileHi BSN_ BOUND!
I applied for the Spring 2012 semester on September 1st, 2011 and my advancement acceptance letter arrived on October 14, 2011, so it was a very fast decision!
I was a direct admit student, meaning I came to ASU out of high school and was able to earn admission to the upper division courses so long as I maintained a 3.75 select GPA. Other students, however, must take the TEAS and compete for a spot in the program.
Generally, you are able to apply for a spot in the upper division courses once you have completed 13 of your 17 prerequisite courses. This is called your "select GPA".
Sorry if you knew all of this! I wasn't sure if you meant the info session for admission or for advancement Feel free to ask me anything else you're curious about!
- Oct 22, '11 by plysikowHello everyone!
I got my acceptance letter on the 14th as well, but I had to compete for the spot because I switched my major and direct admit was not an option for me. Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited and ready to start! January can't come soon enough!
- Oct 23, '11 by averageanglophileCongratulations to you, too! I'm so excited - I already am trying to find out everything there is to know about nursing at ASU! I think I've read every ASU nursing thread on AllNurses!
- Oct 23, '11 by jjanousDoes anyone has the cost for the ASU program?
- Oct 24, '11 by averageanglophileHi Jekesler -
I don't have the current cost at the moment! I'm really sorry. Since I'm just starting out, I'm not sure of all of the fees and program costs. Mine is a little higher as well because I am in the honors college. So sorry! You might try looking on the ASU CONHI website at nursingandhealth.asu.edu
- Oct 24, '11 by tgylesIt's the regular tuition + $1750 a semester, so $3500 on top of the typical ASU tuition. Also the books run like $900 for the first semester, expensive but some of them will be used during Junior 2.
You will need to buy 2 sets of scrubs/community uniform through ASU, this runs just over $200. You will also need a stethoscope, a mid range one will work well, expect to pay like $70-80, you can buy it through ASU right after your nursing orientation.
Congratulations on making it in =]
I am in the semester before you and am just about to finish Junior 1, just be prepared to make sure your not working if possible, you will be the busiest that you have ever been. Everyone told me I was going to be busy, but I wasn't expecting it to actually be as hard/stressful as it has been.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
- Nov 14, '11 by TgirlI just wanted to let you know that there is a group on facebook for ALL ASU nursing students ( you must be accepted into the program to join) - I would recommend joining it so you can have access to other nursing students already in the program! It's a great resource!!! ASU student nurses group SNUG
- Nov 16, '11 by averageanglophileHi Tgirl,
Thanks for letting me know! I've asked to join--I'm getting nervous about starting in January.