ASU Post-Bacc Nursing Program 2013 - Page 6Register Today!
- Nov 25, '12 by ljm9304Hopefully this will allow you overachievers & worriers to relax a bit (Myself included). Recently, I met with my nursing advisor and was told that a 4.0 and perfect TEAS score are not going to be the "norm" REQUIRED for addmittance. There will be applicants who matriculate with GPA's from 3.6-3.8 and TEAS scores in the high 70s/80s/and 90s. Obviously, you'd aim to compensate a lower GPA with a higher TEAS score, and well written essays.
To those of you with 4.0's and 3.875's, take a chill pill, unless you bombed the TEAS and essays, I'd be willing to make bets that you'll be in nursing school come January. Of course, we'll only know when the letters are sent, but I don't see any reason this person has to provide inaccurate info.
"Don't worry, be happy". And focus on nailing down a good grade in HCR 240, which I'm sure many of you are in.Last edit by ljm9304 on Nov 25, '12 : Reason: d
- Nov 25, '12 by sklish1983Thank You, that makes me feel much better
- Nov 26, '12 by HillaryS----------- is an awesome advisor. She told me the same thing about GPAs and TEAS scores. Also, she said the essays should be real, relevant, and concrete (no wordiness, flowery language, irrelevant stuff, etc.). With all that being said, though, there are 80 applications and 40 spots. So....
I guess we should all worry about getting an A in Pathophys. But should we really?? It's not going to be considered for getting in since the decisions will be made this Friday and the class isn't over until December. Hmmm. I'll still worry, though, that's just who I am.
HillaryLast edit by dianah on Nov 26, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- Nov 26, '12 by ljm9304I've been told 60 applications for 40 spots.
- Nov 26, '12 by KellyfishOrangetomato,
Where did you see that they changed your TEAS score?? Did they send you a new email, or is it posted somewhere that I am unaware of? Thanks!!
- Nov 26, '12 by orangetomatokellyfish, they sent this email to me last Monday: "An error was made when importing TEAS scores for many students. Attached, please find a corrected copy of your BSN Coursework Information Report.You will still need to review it for any other errors and submit a completed Review Email Confirmation form to our office via fax or in person to our office no later than 5pm on Monday, November 26 th ."
- Nov 26, '12 by KellyfishThanks for the reply I am glad that they sent this out, seeing that many of us had the wrong TEAS scores, but I did not receive it.
- Nov 26, '12 by orangetomatoHopefully they corrected it on their own. They were aware of a high number of wrong TEAS scores, so that may have promoted them to double check all of them
- Nov 28, '12 by HillarySOh, I must've heard wrong - too much worrying. Let us know if you get in. Good luck!
- Nov 29, '12 by ziggy787Hillary, where are you taking Patho? I'm at GateWay.